Chapter 58

All week Harry has been only really focusing on my birthday. He was really stressed about what to get me, to which I told him that I didn't want anything but he wouldn't listen to me. He then was freaking out about what we are going to do for it, even though I told him over and over again that we didn't have to do anything. He's made sure to keep everything he's doing a secret though, so I have no idea what he's planning.

I've never really enjoyed birthdays. I've always hated the attention being all on me and the day being about me. Also even when I was a kid, if I ever got anything for my birthday. I would be super awkward about it. I've never been good at receiving a gift or anybody spending any money on me for that matter. Even now, Harry sometimes has to remind me that he's okay with spending money on me and that I shouldn't feel bad about it whatsoever.

My birthdays when I was younger were never great. I usually didn't get anything, unless it was from Sage. My father on my thirteenth birthday saw that Sage got me a few disposable cameras and he lost it and broke them right in front of me. There on out, Sage would sneak me gifts on my birthday so that it wouldn't be ruined. She would sneak through my window in the middle of the night just to give me a hug and stay with me to make sure I was alright.

So when it came to my birthday, nothing ever changed. If anything it gave my father something to bitch about during the day. I think I get scared of that extra attention or love on my birthday because it's something I've never really experienced. And with the people spending money on me thing, does anybody really enjoy people spending money on them? Like doesn't everyone feel at least the slightest bit guilty if they do so?

I do know though, even if I begged Harry to not do anything for my birthday, he would tell me I was insane and then continue on with his plans. There is absolutely nothing I can do to stop him so I might as well accept it at this point. I just have this really strong feeling he'll do something decently big that will completely shock me and he won't even realize how much it is. That just sounds completely like him.

"Wake up love" I hear Harry murmur next to my ear, making me let out a loud groan as I roll the other way, dramatically bringing the covers up to my chin. "Leah wake up" he drags out.

I let out a loud sigh before I roll onto my back and rub my eyes, letting out a long yawn as I do so. Once I open my eyes, I see Harry standing beside the bed with a tray in his hands. "What is that?" I question him in a hoarse voice.

"Sit up to find out" he smiles down at me.

I then slowly begin to sit up, running my fingers through my hair as I push it out of my face. When I look back down, I see a tray with eggs, and delicious looking pancakes beside it with obviously some strawberries off to the side. I then glance beside the plate of food and notice a single red rose sitting there. "For me?" I squeak as I look up at him

"Who else would it be for? Of course it's for you" he chuckles.

"You know, I wanted to do this for you" I mumble as I pull my lips to one side while glancing down at the food. "You beat me to it" I add before I look back up at him, seeing his face nearly glowing as he smiles at me. I then put my hand on his cheek, pulling his face closer to me to close the distance between our lips, letting mine linger on his for a few moments before I soon pull away. "Thank you" I breathe.

"Happy birthday" he speaks in a low voice before pressing a kiss to my cheek, making me scrunch my face up as the grin on my face grows with every passing second. "Oh also, those pancakes are chocolate chip by the way" he informs me as he walks around the bed, sitting down next to me.

"Gosh, the way right to my heart" I gasp as I put my hand on my heart.

"You must be so lucky to have someone like me that knows food and especially chocolate is the way to your heart" he drags out as he lays on his side beside me, putting his head right ahead of me.