Chapter 59

My birthday has been pretty great so far.

After Harry attempted to paint me, we relaxed and cuddled for awhile while he ran his fingers through my hair, listening to me talk about whatever came to my mind. I was glad that we got to have time where we just laid down together. That is what I prefer than someone making a huge deal out of my birthday and us doing extravagant things all day.

Then Sage ended up called me and asking me to come over. Well it was more of a demand because ever since we became friends, there was not a single birthday I spent without at least seeing her. I of course went over to her apartment and she showed me some clothes that she bought me. She's always insistent on buying me clothes because majority of my clothes are jeans and shirts and more comfortable clothes.

So she got me a few dresses and fancier clothing that she refused to tell me the prices of, which only means they were probably a lot. We then went and got a ton of junk food and candy and put on face masks and watched a movie, which was amazing. After awhile I came back to my apartment again because Sage said she didn't want to take up all of my time.

"You're back. So soon?" Harry speaks curiously as I walk into the apartment, closing the door behind me.

"Yeah. Sage said she didn't want to steal me for the entire day just in case you had any plans" I inform him as I walk towards him, sitting down at the kitchen table in front of him. "Do you have any plans?' I question him as I rest my elbows on the table and put my chin in the palm of my hand.

"I might" he drags out as he leans back in his chair, a small smirk playing on his face. "I was going to tell you about them before you left but I wanted you to spend as much time with her as you wanted to, even though we have to go at a certain time" he adds.

I furrow my eyebrows at him as I tilt my head to the side. "You could of told me the plan you had started at a certain time so then I knew when to be back" I breathe.

"I know, I just didn't want you to feel like I was controlling what you do" he whispers as the expression on his face softens.

"That's crazy" I let out a breathy laugh. "You're going out of your way to do something for me, the least I can do is be on time" I shrug my shoulders as I reach forward, grabbing Harry's cup of water to take  sip out of it.

"I suppose you're right" he rolls his eyes, a small smile beginning to creep onto his face.

"So when does the thing start?" I ask him.

"It starts at five and it's three now" he responds in a casual tone.

"Do you think I should start getting ready now? Because I need to take a shower, which will take some time"

"Yeah, you probably should actually. Just to be sure that we aren't late" he tells me, making me nod my head at him in response.

I get out of my chair, walking beside Harry before I lean down and press a small kiss to his lips. I then brush past him, walking straight into the bathroom, turning the shower on before I begin to strip off my clothes.

When I get done with my shower, I turn off the shower then peek out of the door, noticing Harry standing in front of the mirror. "Can you pass me my towel?" I speak up, getting his attention. He nods his head at me before he grabs my towel off the rack, gently handing it to me. I wrap it around my chest before I step out of the shower, then begin tiptoeing out of the bathroom.

I then start to rumage through the closet, trying to find something to wear. "What should I wear? Casual or formal? " I yell out to Harry.

"Formal" he shouts back.