Chapter 67

Harry and I woke up quite early today surprisingly. We kind of had no idea when Nora was going to be here to drop Everleigh off so we wanted to be safe and make sure we were up early just in case she came earlier in the day. I actually woke up before Harry, so I did a bit of cleaning before he woke up because it felt weird to leave hings how they were and not clean up just a little bit. Harry must of woken up to the sound of me cleaning because he came out of the bedroom, rubbing his eyes with his hair a complete disaster.

After I got done cleaning, I quickly ate some cereal before I dressed in some casual clothes. After Harry ate, he jumped right back into bed, to which I begged him to get out of and get some clothes on. It took about ten minutes of me trying to convince him to get out of bed before he finally did and threw on some sweatpants. I didn't have it in me to beg him to do anything else, so I just shook my head at him as I went into the bathroom to brush my hair and teeth.

Harry when he wakes up is so unbelievably stubborn. I know how stubborn I can be on a day to day basis but fuck, Harry in the mornings has beat me. After we had done everything we needed to do, Nora texted me saying she was going to be here in an hour. For the time being, Harry and I decided to relax and watch some random show on TV since we had nothing better to do.

I then hear a knock on the door, making me quickly jolt up and get out of bed. I hear Harry follow behind me as I walk to the front door, opening it, being met with a wide smiling Nora with Everleigh by her side. "Hey!" I exclaim as I hold the door wide open, motioning with my hand to come inside.

They both walk inside, making me close the door behind them before I turn around to face them. "Hey! So I brought some clothes for her, since I know you don't have those just laying around" she chuckles as she puts the small duffle bag down beside the couch. "There's a few of her snacks in there that she loves so you can bribe her with those whenever you please" she grins.

"Oh I will" I muter as I bend down and gently pinch Everleigh's cheek, making her let out a high pitch giggle.

"Are you sure you're okay with taking care of her for the weekend? If you're not-"

"Nora I promise you it's fine. You know how much I love this little one so whenever you need me to watch over her, I'm always here" I try to reassure her, sending her a friendly smile.

"Thank you so much" she drags out as she pulls me into a tight hug, swaying us back and forth for a moment before she pulls away. "Also thank you Harry. I know you must have had a part in the decision so I really appreciate you helping take care of her for the weekend" she adds softly as she turns her attention towards Harry.

"It's no problem at all" he replies with a warm smile on his face.

"Well Mason and I are kind of in a rush so if you need help with anything, feel free to messege me and I'll try to answer as soon as possible" she informs us as she walks to the door, opening it before she looks back at us. She then bends down to Everleigh's level, giving her a tight hug before looking at her intently. "Be good. Okay? I'll be back very soon" she breathes.

"I will mommy" she squeaks out as she nods her head quickly.

"I love you" she mumbles before she quickly kisses her forehead then stands up, walking outside of the apartment. "Bye y'all" she waves at us while slowly walking away.

All three of us wave back before I then close the door, letting out a small sigh as I turn around to look at Everleigh. "So how are you today young lady?" I question her as I crouch down so my face can be more leveled with hers.

"I'm good" she mutters as she interlocks her fingers in front of her, rocking back and forth on her feet. "Is Harry going to be here?" she asks me quietly as she glances up at him. She still can't pronounce her R's so when she says his name, it comes out more of like 'Hawwy'