Chapter 43

Last night was definitely not what I expected.

I was already so consumed with everything going on with Nick and Harry, that I could barley even let loose like Sage wanted me too. Then just to top the night off, some asshole really just wanted to push my buttons. I went there to have fun with my friends, but of course knowing my luck, that didn't happen.

I was honestly surprised with how Harry reacted. I'm not surprised that he was an absolute sweetheart and wanted to take care of me. I'm surprised over the fact that he didn't get the tiniest bit mad. I was expecting him to at least freak out a little bit, not even just at me, at the dude that started it all. Not that I'm complaining or anything, I just expected a little bit of anger or frustration coming from him.

Instead, he put humor in all of it, which sounds a lot like something I'd do. Then again, I didn't get mad at Harry when he fought Aiden, I just wanted to help him. I don't know how I could really be mad at him over something like that. Now if he was going out to start a fight with someone than I might be, but that's completely different. So maybe expecting him to get angry was wrong.

Ever since I've talked to Nick about who Harry used to be, it's really got me thinking. I'm starting to feel a bit guilty for asking Nick to tell me about Harry's past. It was probably wrong on Nick's part to tell me, but mainly wrong for me to even ask. Who Harry was is really none of business, all that matters is who he is now. People change and grow, we learn from mistakes, which Harry has done, therefore before he did, is none of my business, and shouldn't matter.

Now laying here with Harry, I know that. I know that what he was capable of doing before, he wouldn't do now. I know he won't hurt me, and there's no way I could of be scared of him. He's soft and compassionate, I mean look at what he did last night, or how he runs me baths when I'm feeling ill. I could never picture him the way Nick explained.

As I still rest my head on Harry's chest, he has a firm grip wrapped around me, making it hard to get out of it. I reach my hand up to grab his, trying to gently pry his hand off from around my shoulder. He lets out a small groan, making me quickly sit up to move out of the way. He then rolls over grabbing a pillow, cuddling it to his chest.

I get up from the bed, gazing down at Harry, admiring how peaceful he looks for a moment, before I walk towards the bathroom. I forgot sometimes that it's probably a little creepy to look at someone while they sleep, but a part of me can't help it. How peaceful he looks is just consuming, mixed with the small snores passing his lips, as his hair falls down onto his face. It's like artwork.

It's like that painting that you could stare at for hours, taking in its every detail, never getting tired of its beauty. Harry is exactly that to me.

I then wash my face, before I begin to straighten my hair, trying to get ready for the day. I then nearly jump out of my own skin when I see Harry staring at me from the corner of my eye. I let out a sigh, as I put my hand on my heart. "Why are you just staring at me like that?" I chuckle lightly, before I turn back towards the mirror to finish doing my hair.

"I'm just wondering why you're up so early, and not here laying down next to me" he mutters in a raspy morning voice.

"It's only like eight in the morning, but I'm trying to get ready for the day" I reply as I shake my head at him.

I hear him let out a loud huff, throwing his hands down on the bed dramatically. "I will get up and throw you back into this bed myself if you don't get over here" he murmurs.

A small chill runs up my spine due to his words, making a smirk creep onto my face. I turn off my straightener, putting it down before I turn towards him. "Do it then" I respond in a low voice.