1

"Even when this rain stops, when clouds go away, I stand here, just the same

"Even when this rain stops, when clouds go away, I stand here, just the same."

- Jung Hoseok

_______________________________________

You didn't know what was louder.

The sound of the rain hitting down hard.

The sound of people crying around you.

Or the sound of your heart still breaking in to pieces.

It didn't matter anyway.

Nothing mattered really.

Because you had no reason to care anymore.

You weren't allowed to care.

"All he ever wanted was to help. It didn't matter if they were his family, his friend or even a stranger, he would come to their aid no matter what. I'm sure he is looking down at us and healing us from within, making sure that even if he's not with us, we can all still feel safe" the CEO of Eros spoke in to the microphone while looking at the wooden coffin that was covered by the country's flag.

He tried to hold a straight face, knowing that he had to be strong for the ones who couldn't.

The crowd stayed silent in respect for the deceased Protector while a few sobbed quietly.

The healer's parents were up front beside the coffin, mortified and wailing about their son suddenly leaving them.

Everyone was currently standing together at the bottom of a cliff located on the outskirts of Hwaseong. On top of the cliff was the main memorial place for the deceased heroes who risked their lives to save the country.

You were standing near the back with your parents either side of you and away from everyone else. You thought you had no right to get any closer, being the sole reason for Taemin's death.

"...Lee Taemin... Thank you for all that you've done. You can finally rest... We can take it from here" and with that, Taemin's family members helped lower the coffin down in to grave while shedding a few tears.

"...are you sure you don't want to get closer, Y/N?" Your mother asked quietly next to you. Your eyes didn't fray away from the top of the cliff where they were currently slowly lowering the coffin.

You stood out like a sore thumb as everyone wore black to the funeral while you wore your white hospital gown.

You couldn't yet walk because of the injuries you got from a few days ago and to get you out of the hospital for the funeral, you were put in a wheelchair.

"...yes, I am sure" you finally responded. Your voice was still very much hoarse from all the non stop crying that you did.

The memory of seeing Taemin getting impaled right in front of you replayed over and over again.

Your parents looked at each other with worried eyes as they knew this was the second time you had to go through this.

They finally reached to the bottom of the grave and now they were filling it up with the wet soil.

At the head of the graves, stood a small statue of the deceased heroes with their signature poses. Taemin also had one; it was of him down on one knee with his hand out as if he was offering his hand to help.

"It was an honor to have had a hero like you protecting our country, Taemin" the Eros CEO finished up before saluting one final time and then heading down the cliff towards everyone else.

Shortly after, people started to leave after seeing that it was the end of the funeral. The family members stayed at the top of the cliff, wanting to have more time before they also leave.

"...shall we go, darling?" Your father asked this time after bending down to your level while making sure to cover you with the umbrella.

You simply shook your head as you knew that leaving would mean that it would be true. The fact that your close friend that you have so many memories with...

is dead.

"We can't stay here all day, they need to lock the gates soon" your mother stated while also bending down to your height.

"... I need to stay" your parents looked at each other once again with worried faces. Suddenly, a familiar face walked up to them from the side.

"...We'll be in the car" you heard their footsteps become more distant while another pair came closer. You didn't feel the rain on your head for much longer as you watched another umbrella cover over you.

"...want me to take you up to see him?" Namjoon's voice filled your ears.

"No" you answered bluntly. The ice user could only sigh internally, noticing that your eyes didn't move away from the cliff in front of you.

He also noticed how pale your complexion was as well as your puffy eyes being unavoidable. Namjoon felt sympathetic for what you were going through, knowing that you were once very close to the healer.

"Let's get you of this rain then-"

"No" raising a brow towards you, he bent down to your level while trying to make you look at him.

"It wasn't your fault-"

"Namjoon pl-...please don't" your lips trembled before you could finish your sentence. You had thought your body had run out of tears to cry out but you had guessed not.

Biting his lip, the blonde hero grabbed your hand that was in your lap and slowly caressed it with his thumb.

"Please, let's leave" you finally took your eyes away from the grave and looked in to Namjoon's blue eyes.

"I-I don't w-want Taemin to be a-alone... he must be s-so s-scared-" before your tears could stream down, the hero leaned forward and hugged you, letting you cry in to his shoulder.

"...he's not alone. Our love and respect are with him, always"

_______________________________________

A/N: 🥺😔💗