12

_______________________________________

--------------------19 years ago-------------------

"What time is it Mr. Wolf?"

"Its... 5 o'clock!" A child exclaimed with his back to everyone and his head in his arms while leaning on a tree.

The children who were behind the clueless child started to take their five steps towards him while making sure to keep an eye on his movements.

You bit your tongue in concentration as you tried to quickly take five steps towards the boy and hopefully get further than everyone else.

Suddenly, the boy turned.

Not being able to react quick enough, you slowed down to a halt and tried to balance on one leg while trying not to move.

"...Y/N! You're out!" The other children couldn't even turn to look at you, scared that they'll get called out for moving. Pouting in defeat, you placed your other foot down and went to where all the other children who were 'out'.

"You were so close Y/N!" A girl in pigtails exclaimed while munching away on her large cookie.

"I should have been quicker... where did you get that cookie?" You have been playing for awhile now and it had been awhile since you had eaten lunch, your tummy started to rumble. You were hungry.

"... don't tell anyone, okay?" Looking around, you nodded before getting closer to her.

"It's in the box under the sink" after getting the information you needed, you ran off back inside and made your way towards the kitchen.

However, you weren't alone in the kitchen.

It was the blonde boy that you had met last week when you first came to the orphanage with your mother.

He was sitting on the large dining table where he was busy writing in his notebook.

You noticed that he did prefer to stay alone- or that's what the others have told you anyway.

He stayed in his room most of the time but came down to eat when told to.

Today, he had been given some work sheets to do by your mother since she had noticed that he enjoyed reading and writing.

Not wanting to disturb the focused boy, you tip toed towards the sink tried to go unnoticed as you opened the small door.

"...that's not allowed" you jumped in surprise at the sudden voice, making your head hit the bottom of the sink as you did so.

"Ow!" Rubbing your head furiously to force away the pain, you turned your head to see the blonde looking over at you with a blank stare.

"Please don't tell!" You begged while trying to look as innocent as possible.

Your mother had warned you before about your misbehaving ways and threatened that if you were to cause any trouble at the place that she worked, you would go back home and stay with your father.

You didn't want that. You wanted to stay and play with your new friends.

"What you're doing is stealing" he glared before jumping off his stool chair and walking over to you.

"It isn't stealing! I'm just having a snack!" You defended yourself while crossing your arms.

"The head social worker said no snacks until you are permitted" you looked at him with uncertainty.

"P-permitten? What does that even mean?" The other sighed at your lack of vocabulary compared to his and crossed his arms while looking down at you.

"Permitted. It means that you are allowed to do this. But you haven't been permitted so I'm telling. Miss Min-!"" in a flash of panic, you grabbed a cookie from the jar and stuffed it in his mouth. The force made him tumble back slightly before grabbing the cookie out of his mouth in shock.

"Ha, we're in this together now! They're going to think that you're a thief like me! So don't snitch and enjoy your cookie" and with that, you quickly ran off back outside to play again.

The boy blinked once, bewildered at what just happened before looking down at the large cookie in his hands.

"...ugh, she's so annoying..." he snarled before looking at the cookie hungrily as he too was peckish for a snack.

"...maybe not that annoying"

_______________________________________