43

_______________________________________

"...it's your turn-"

"I know! I'm just thinking..." you nagged at your Dad who had managed to break your concentration.

You two were currently playing Uno and your father was already on his last three cards.

"...okay, I choose this" it was a colour change card which meant that the other could put down any card of his choice.

"Wise choice... too bad you're about to lose" you almost chuckled in disbelief at his words until you saw the cards he was putting down.

"Blocked, double blocked, Uno, triple blocked and I won" you couldn't believe it. This was only the first game and you were already losing against your father.

"That's cheating! You can't use them like that-"

"Weren't you the one who said to not read the instructions and just to play how we think is right?" He had got you there.

"...still! This is beyond what I thought-" suddenly, a knock at the door had cut you off. It wasn't the nurse, that's for sure.

"I'll go have a look" your father stood up from his chair beside you and walked over to the sliding doors before opening them.

"Can I help you?"

"...is this Y/N's room?" Your ears perked up at the familiar voice.

"Yes, come right in" your Dad moved to the side and allowed the younger to enter. As soon as your eyes met his, you didn't want to look away as you couldn't believe who it was.

Your father watched the two of you stare at each other with serious gazes and he took the hint to give you two some alone time.

"I'm going to grab a coffee..." and with that, only you two were in the room now.

"...Jungkook?" The last time you saw him was when Phantom and his people attacked... the same day that Taemin died.

The younger couldn't look away from your silhouette. Seeing you in the hospital bed wearing your hospital gown allowed reality to smack him in the face.

Walking over slowly, he placed the flowers on the bedside table before sitting on the chair beside you.

You watched as he hesitated to reach over and caress your cheek slightly, making you shiver at his cold touch.

"...I'm so sorry... I should have come to see you much earlier" he whispered out after noticing how pale and fragile you looked. You grabbed his hand and removed it from your face as you held it in your lap instead.

"...you shouldn't have to do anything, Jungkook. I'm happy to see your face after this long" you smiled sadly when you noticed his hurt eyes that scanned your face.

"...I'm not worthy enough to be your friend... I've only caused you trouble and you have every right to be mad at me... so why aren't you mad?!" He bursted out while allowing his eyes to brim up with tears.

Without thinking twice, you reached over and pulled his head to your chest, hugging him tightly as you felt his tears fall on hospital gown.

You knew he was strong and that he could fight against any villain if he wanted to, but now you know that he was vulnerable too.

"W-why?! Why d-do you still hug me?!"

"Because I was so worried" his sobs continued as he hugged you back, not wanting to let you go and to find comfort in some way.

"...I know what you're like. You probably didn't want to see me because you felt like it was your fault... I know how you feel, Jungkook... I really do" you whispered while rubbing his back soothingly in hopes to calm him down. What you didn't realise was that tears was also streaming down your face.

Jungkook felt so angry with himself, he couldn't understand why he had to keep his distance from you when you needed the people around you the most.

He was so selfish.

But not anymore.

"...I'll m-make it up to you, Y/N... I p-promise"

"I know you will...

because you're Jeon Jungkook"

_______________________________________

A/n: because he's damn Jeon Jungkook 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏