117

"Make them go-oh-oh"

- Katy Perry

_______________________________________

"What happened out there?!"

"Yoongi-bear! Are you okay- oh my Eros you're not okay!"

"Thanks best friend" you crossed your arms as she ran right past you and towards the raven haired hero.

"Tch, I know you're alright since these guys won't let anyone harm a single hair on your body" Myunghee retaliated whilst squishing a drained Yoongi who was too tired to even fight back.

Fortunately for him, Namjoon came over and separated the two for the sake of the injured hero before guiding his fellow Athena partner to the couch where Mr. and Mrs. Kim sat waiting for everyone to sit down.

Gdragon was also there but he was under Yoongi's control whilst being tied up to a chair by Mr. Kang.

The others made sure to keep an eye on him while they talked to Jin's parents.

"So... care to explain?" The still confused plant manipulator questioned while sitting across from both of his parents.

The heroes and trainers were also very intrigued by what the rich CEOs meant by 'other mother' as they had been informed along the way by Taehyung told them what happened.

Mr. Kim cleared his throat while his wife looked away and huffed in annoyance.

"I don't know if you remember or not... but this island used to be barren. The soil was dry, there was no plant life and there were certainly no animals running around. A couple of years after you were born when you were able to play out on your own, you started growing trees in our back yard.
Then our back yard had to be extended to a field and then it had to be extended to a forest- you get the gist. Soon, you created all these plants and allowed this island to be full of life, letting farmers to come over and grow crops as well as farm animals to stay.
Your mother and I were proud to see you using your powers for good and one day, while your mother was looking for you in the forest, she stumbled upon you talking to a spirit like being.
According to her, it disappeared and when she asked you who it was-"

"You said it was your mother!" Mrs. Kim interrupted with a shout, surprising everyone at the sudden outburst.

Jin had no recollection of this but that was probably because he was too young to remember.

"...I still don't understand-"

"She was going to take you away from me! She-she was going to take my baby away..." Mr. Kim comforted his wife by patting her back soothingly.

"After that, she made sure to not let you out of the house and wanted you to live a life without your powers... and to be honest, so did I. My only son... being taken away..." Jin was shocked, he didn't his father talk about him that way before and it made him feel... loved.

"...why does she... want to take me away?"

"She said that you were going to save the earth by growing it back but you were only four years old back then-"

"Wait, you talked to her?" Jin interupted his father.

"Yes, she visited the house one night and talked to me. Your mother kicked her out before she could explain any further though" Mrs. Kim glared at her husband as if to say he was in the wrong to even have let her in.

"I... I see" it was a lot to take in for the Eros hero, not sure what to do with this information and certainly not knowing if he should even go meet with mother nature.

"...I'm sure you have a lot of questions, but I think the only person that can answer them is-"

"No, honey! Don't encourage him to go see her!" You were astounded at Jin's story, making him seem more cool than before.

"It's not like he's going to let her take him away, he has a fiance to look after" you widened your eyes as well as did the others, reminding themselves of the secret.

"Y-yes..." you stuttered out but that only made Mrs. Kim angrier.

"Seokjinnie, please come back with us~ you won't need to risk your life being out here when you can be safe with us! Especially with our new drones-"

"No, mother. I want to live my own life now and you should too" her mouth fell agape.

"W-what? What do you mean?!" Jin sighed.

"In the past, you took me away from the outside world and you're going to do it again now?" She opened her mouth to speak but no words came out, realising how bad her actions sounded.

"...it was for you to be safe-"

"But I wasn't happy" her heart broke. When a mother hears that their child isn't happy especially because of them, it breaks them.

Mrs. Kim started to rethink about her decisions, coming to the conclusion that she was the sole reason why her son ran away six years and and why he was refusing to come back.

"...I'm sorry, Seokjin... I only wanted the best for you... but that was me being selfish, I should have known that I was making you unhappy" she hung her head low, too ashamed to look at the person she called her son.

You watched as he stood up and walked over to his mother who was still sitting on the couch before bending down on his knees to look up at her.

"Don't hang your head, Mother. For that isn't a Kim quality" Mrs. Kim lips trembled before engulfing her son in to a tight hug, surprising him slightly but soon after, he hugged her back.

Your heart warmed at the sight of them reconciling, reminding you of your parents and how much you loved them.

You heard shuffling beside you and you saw Jaeho gesturing for everyone to leave quietly and to give the family some space, to which you did without complaining.

"I'm sorry, Seokjinnie..."

"...I forgive you, Mum"

_______________________________________

A/n: 🥺🤧