54

_______________________________________

--------------------19 years ago-------------------

There was one season that you loved the most.

Winter.

Why?

Do I even need to explain?

"Mum! It's snowing!" You called out while gazing widely at the white wonderland. It was very early in the morning and your mother allowed you to stay over at the orphanage for the night.

"Shhh, you're going to wake up the children" your mother warned before picking you up from the kitchen counter (more like uncling you from the window frame) and placing you on the kitchen chair to have your breakfast.

"But Mum! I want to go outside!" You sulked before crossing your arms in temper.

"Eat your breakfast and I'll let you out, okay?" You thought for a second after hearing your mother's offer and you nodded eagerly before digging in to your cereal.

Your mother sighed at your energy and how it was too early for you to be jumping around like this.

"Mother was right, children do make you age faster"

"What did you say, Mum?"

"Nothing, sweetie. Eat your breakfast" you didn't bother asking any further as you tried to quickly finish your breakfast to go outside sooner.

Faded footsteps could be heard coming down the stairs and soon after a little blonde boy entered the kitchen with his pyjamas, feet bare and his hair going in all directions.

Even though he looked to have just woken up, his face gleamed at the sight of you in the kitchen.

"Y/N!" Looking over at the doorway, your eyes sparkled at the boy before waving your arms for him to come over.

"You're awake! Hurry and eat breakfast so we can go outside!" You urged before returning back to your cereal. The boy quickly came over and sat beside you on the high chair before thanking your mother for preparing him cereal alongside you.

"Why do we need to go outside?" He questioned just before taking a spoonful of cereal in his mouth.

"It's snowing! Mum, I've finished! See?" While you were showing your mother your empty bowl, you didn't notice the boy's mood immediately change at the reason.

"Are you ready?" You asked while sliding off the chair and turning to face the blue eyed boy.

"Err... I don't want to go outside" he responded solemnly.

"But why? It's snowing! We can make a snow man and have a snowball fight!" You chirped, excited to put your shoes and coat on to go outside.

The boy looked uncomfortable to say the least, he had his reasons to hate the snow but he didn't feel like he was ready to say.

Fortunately for him, your mother was already informed of his situation.

"Sweetie, he can get very sick because of the cold so Miss Min has told him not to go outside" she lied.

"Oh, really?" You asked curiously while tilting your head at the dimpled boy.

"Err, yes... I'm not allowed to go outside...sorry I can't play with you" the boy was thankful for your mother's help.

"Oh, it's okay! We can play inside! We can pretend there's snow falling in your room!" Your optimistic personality wasn't going to stop you from having fun that was for sure. Watching the other looked almost surprised at your response, you grabbed his hand and dragged him off the chair.

"Let's make forts and pretend that they're igloos!" Holding on to his hand you pulled the taller boy out the kitchen after bidding your mother goodbye.

"Remember to play quietly!"

"We will!" You two answered in sync at the older. Your mother smiled in awe at your kindness and she knew she had raised you well.

"I did a good job"

_______________________________________

A/n: yes you did Y/N's mum🥺👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏