52

------------

------------

Previously on 'Who We Are'

------------

"Good work, Jimin"

"I couldn't have done it without your help, Jin" both of them grinned widely before realising that Yoongi was still crying out a girl's name.

Their expressions immediately dropped before running over to the Athena hero to help him.

_______________________________________

"You have nowhere to run!" Namjoon yelled out to the bustling trees where he knew the villain was hiding.

If the leader of the gang stayed on the beach side and didn't enter the vast forest, it would have been so much easier for the ice hero to have captured him.

He was debating freezing the whole ground but Namjoon knew that the villain didn't have any physical powers so that would mean he was most likely a psychic.

By the way he saw Yoongi on the sand with his loud cries filling the air, he could only imagine the worst for himself.

But that was not the mindset he needed right now.

Suddenly, he heard a twig snap behind him, making him turn around and aim his hand towards the direction of sound.

It was a bird landing on a tree branch before accidentally breaking it with its weight and flying off.

Keeping his eyes open, Namjoon looked around him slowly as he was still cautious of the area around him.

"...NAMJOON!" The ice hero heard Taehyung's muffled voice and not a second after did he head through the trees before turning in to his ice form.

Namjoon saw the large built man running away from him while carrying a box, to which he now assumes that the Zeus hero is inside.

Before the villain could run any further, the blonde hero threw his hand forward and created a wall of ice in front of the man.

"Urgh! Where did this wall come from?!" The gang leader complained before kicking the ice wall in anger.

"If you surrender now, your jail sentence may be cut shorter" Namjoon tried to reason with the other just like he had been taught to in the academy and from his past missions. It was better to let the villain think they were going to get the right end of a weak stick.

He watched as the villain turned around and looked at him with an evil smirk before chuckling darkly.

"You think I'm scared of being captured? Believe it or not, hero, but not even prison wants me" Taehyung gulped in fear as he knew what his boss was capable of.

"Drop the box and raise your hands" creating a pair of ice shards in his hands and ignored what the other said, Namjoon prepared to defend himself when needed.

"Shall I show you why they don't want me in prison?" Boss taunted.

"Namjoon! Run! Before it's too late!" Taehyung tried to warn the older. Without breaking eye contact, Namjoon made sure to keep his stance before taking a step forward.

"This is your last chance"

"So be it" suddenly, two people appeared from behind the large villain, one on either side.

On the right was a young woman with long black hair that reach her elbows and on the left as a young man with his hair nicely trimmed short.

What was strange was that both of them didn't have faces.

Aiming both of his hands at them, Namjoon was confused as to where they came from and decided to stay alert.

"...Namjoon? Is that you" the man spoke even though he had no mouth. The voice sounded familiar and almost soothing to the ears.

"Who are you?" The blonde provoked while making sure to keep an eye on all three.

"Is that... really our son?" The woman asked with a hopeful tone. Namjoon didn't know why but her voice had struck a cord in his brain as he realised who he was looking at.

It was his parents when they left him for good. He remembered what they wore and their general body shape was but who couldn't pin point their faces.

He knew this was a trick and he wasn't going to fall for it.

"Your tricks won't work on me. Now, release Taehyu-"

"Namjoon!" Whipping his head to the right, Namjoon saw you running towards him wearing your hospital gown and tears streaming down your face.

Unconsciously, the Athena hero dropped his hands slowly in shock when he saw you running over to him.

"Y/N!"

His ice form started to fade away and before he knew it, he was also running over to you, wanting to protect you as soon as he could.

"I remember Namjoon! I remember everything!" Perplexed at your choice of words, he decided to ignore it and open his arms up for you.

Even though he was expecting your warm body to collide in to his, why did he feel a sharp pain in his stomach instead?

Stopping in his tracks, Namjoon looked down to see a kunai lodged in his abdomen while his shirt was soaking up the blood that was seeping out.

Looking back up, he noticed that you were gone and in your stead was a ragged female with two kunai's in each hand.

"Took you long enough" Boss spat out at the girl.

"Sorry, Boss. I was dealing with some red haired guy but he got lucky and escaped" she must have fought with Hoseok..., Namjoon thought while tightening his jaw in pain and grabbing the area around the kunai.

He knew he didn't have time to remove the weapon from his body and wrap something to stop the blood from pouring out so he thought of the next best thing.

To keep the weapon inside of him while changing to his ice form.

Namjoon knew it wouldn't mean that the cut would be permanently solved but he just needed a temporary solution to for this hopefully short fight.

"Oooo, ice boy can get pretty too~" the girl teased before licking one of her kunais creepily.

"Make sure he doesn't follow" Boss threatened with his hoarse voice before running off with a trapped Taehyung.

The hero instinctively reached his hand over to freeze the man in place but a sharp metal object collided with his wrist, making him freeze a tree instead.

"Your fight is with me and only me" Namjoon could only wince in pain from the kunai still in his abdomen as he stared at the smirking villain.

_______________________________________

A/N: action time~ ~(0.0~)