38

_______________________________________

Your eyes flicker open but immediately after you closed them again. Why was it so bright?

Your eyes stung from the pain but you wanted to know where you were so you forced them open.

"Ugh..."

"Y/N? Y/N!" The familiar sound of your Dad's voice soothed you as you knew you were somewhere safe.

"Dad?" Your vision was slightly blurry but soon after it began focusing on your surroundings.

You were still in your hospital bed, in the hospital room and very much still in hospital.

"Shh, its okay. Don't stress yourself" you grabbed your father's hand as a form of reassurance and you relaxed back into your bed.

"...what happened?" Sighing to himself, your father looked down at you with sorrowful eyes.

"You had a panic attack, dear" you scrunched your nose in confusion. Another one?

"I don't remember..."

"It's better if you didn't" you felt your dad's hand squeeze yours, feeling that he was genuinely worried about you.

When you were born, your father was ecstatic to have found out that you were a girl. He could cherish you, treat you like his princess and most of all protect you with all of his strength.

It broke his heart to see you in so much pain.

"...can I get a drink of water?"

"Of course!" He reached over to the jug of water and poured enough for you to drink and not spill. You gladly accepted the cup and with the help from your father, you drank most of its contents.

"Thanks, Dad"

"No problem" you smiled warmly at the man in front of you and you thought how lucky you were to have such an amazing man as your Dad.

Unlike your mother, he was more childish and playful when it had come to you. You loved trying new and adventurous things with your Dad- well, without your mother finding out.

You could almost hear her voice, nagging at you to stay safe.

"...I called Mum-"

"Dad!" You watched as he rose his hands up in defense.

"I panicked! I wanted to let your mother-" before he could finish his sentence, the mentioned woman had barged through the door and immediately ran over to you.

"Y/N! Oh Y/N, thank goodness you're okay!" She reached over and hugged you tightly. You noticed that she was our of breath and in her work clothes.

"Of course I'm okay! You didn't have to leave work to come and see me!" You stated while telling your mother off.

"Are you crazy?! I would travel thr galaxy to come and see you!" Rolling your eyes playfully, you hugged your mother back as you had missed her dearly.

"I love you too, Mum"

"What about me?!" Both of you looked up at the man beside you before chuckling at his betrayed look.

"I love you, Dad"

"...but who do you love more?"

"Dad!"

"Okay okay!...it's me, right?" And with that, your mother reached over and wacked her husband's arm while you chuckled in the back ground.

_______________________________________

A/n: short chapter but a cute one 🥺