80

A/n: after all the comments from last chapter, I'm considering writing the original ending for this book that I have already planned from the beginning but as a bonus, I will also write up chapters with Y/N ending up with different members (as well as none at all)

It sounds fun and at least you guys can have a choice of ending!🤧👏

-------------

Previously on 'Who We Are'

-------------

"...after you and Myunghee left, they started to tell each other to back off and to stop making advances..."

"Advances to what?" You urged for him to explain.

"...to your heart, Y/N...

...they want your love"

_______________________________________

Two pair of eyes glared at eachother from across the room.

The owner of the blue eyes made sure that his hatred was oozing out of his orbs, letting the other know how infuriated he was.

The owner of the dark brown eyes, however, was smirking and making sure that the other knew how amused he was.

"...and to think, you were all bark and no bite" Namjoon finally spat out.

"At least I didn't let my anger take control of my power" Jin retaliated back. The ice hero was about to go over and punch some sense in to the annoying male until he remembered Myunghee's words. He had to stay in the Protectors because he needed to find his parents.

He needed to know why they left him.

"Oh? Is the Ice King hesitating?"

"Why do you need to go out of your way to annoy me? What is your reason to be the bane of my existence?" Jin's smirk quickly became a scowl, not finding the situation amusing anymore.

"Why? Do you know how I came to know about your parents?" This had caught the younger's attention.

"I know because my father was the one who had paid for all of your academy fees" taken aback, Namjoon remembered about the man who had always came in to his academy to watch him excel from the sidelines.

Apparently, the man had come to see if he would invest in the academy and allow them a part of his land in Jeju to train and to conduct their exams.

Not only did Jin's father invest in the academy, but he had also invested in Namjoon. He said he saw potential in the young trainee and that he would definitely make it big in the world.

"...so? What does it have to do with you?" Jin clicked his tongue in frustration once he realised that the other was still clueless.

"My father is known to be a harsh business man. He won't take people's emotions in to account since he is professional and he believes that all businesses should do the same. Not only was he like that at work, but he was like that at home.
My father and I were never close but that didn't stop him from making sure that his only son wasn't a disgrace to him or his business.
So, he trained me to become a replica of him, a mini version of him. He wanted me to take over his business and to carry on the family name. But did I want to? No, I have my own dreams and goals but once I heard that my father took interest in a stranger and was willing to pay for him to live his dream, it had annoyed me so much. Why did that trainee get my father's approval when it took me years just for him to finally call me his son?" He finished his story and finally the other understood why the other had hated him so much.

"...shouldn't you hate your father? It's not my fault that he saw my potential" Namjoon defended.

"You don't get it! Your life is what I want the most! And I can't have it!" Speechless, the blonde male watched as Jin yelled at him with his neck turning red from anger.

There was no smugness in the way that he spoke.

There was no smirk on his lips.

The real Jin was revealing himself and Namjoon was relieved.

"You had your dream job, you had people to support your dreams, you have the abilities to surpass even the greatest of heroes, you own an elemental power and soon you might even have your dream girl!" The Athena hero stayed silent, allowing for the older to let his anger out finally.

So he was hiding behind this confident facade...

Their conversation back at the forest was a strange one to say the least.

But what made Namjoon tip over the edge was what Jin had said near the end.

-----------------earlier that day-----------------

"I know what you're doing, so stop it"

"Oh? What am I doing?" Jin mocked innocently, pretending to be oblivious.

"You know about my intentions with Y/N so you're only trying to play with her heart to annoy me" Namjoon explained whilst glaring daggers at the older.

"Tch, just to annoy you? I want you to take away your happiness, Ice King. I want to take Y/N away from you so that you too can suffer just like I did"

---------------------------------------------------------

It finally made sense what the plant manipulator was talking about.

"...but why does my father only water you and let you flourish in to the flower that you are today...

...when I'm right next to him and struggling to even bloom"

_______________________________________

A/n: what's this? Jin finally opening up?😲