19

_______________________________________

-------------------14 years ago--------------------

Sweat.

Determination.

And the smell of fresh cut grass.

Hoseok was very much familiar with all of these.

But today, they were blocked out.

Winning was the only thing he was focused on.

"Pass!" The ten year old boy exclaimed to his team player. The other player looked up from looking at the ball momentarily and without much thought, passed it to Hoseok.

"Get us that goal, Jhope!" The scores were tired and there was only two minutes left of the match.

The weather was forecasted to rain but lucky for everyone, the sun was out and shining down on them.

The match itself was long awaited since it was the spring finals and Hoseok's school was against the strongest team.

"Please luck gods..." he muttered under his breath while running with the ball and dodged all the players who were trying to sabotage him.

His luck powers were growing along with his age. It came about when his mother was giving birth but unforeseen circumstances happened and Hoseok's heart stopped beating.

The doctors were sure that he wasn't going to make it. Everyone had lost hope for the child.

But the child pulled through.

The doctors said it was pure luck that he had made it. And from then on, his family continued to call him their lucky charm.

"Jhope! Over here!" Hoseok ignored his team as he wanted to be the one who scored. The one who brought the trophy home.

He wanted to be the one that everyone will remember.

But not as the lucky child.

That's all they've ever known him as.

Swinging his leg back, Hoseok looked up at the goal and aimed so that he would kick it in while making sure the goal keeper couldn't interfere. Please luck gods... don't use your powers now!

He wanted it to be his goal. His first win. His hard work.

He kicked the ball finally and it projectiled towards the goal. Everyone stopped what they were doing and watched in anticipation as the ball flew towards the net.

The goal keeper, however, could read Hoseok like a book. They ran to the side to where the ball was heading and was about to reach for the ball.

Anyone could tell that the boy was going to block it.

But what they couldn't tell was that the goal keeper's shoe laces were undone in the last second by some unseen force...

"....GOAL!" Hoseok stood there with a blank expression as he could tell that his powers had some sort of control of the situation once again.

He was too preoccupied with what happened that he didn't realise that his team mates were running towards before lifting him up into the air.

"Jhope! Jhope! Jhope!" The parents who came along to see the match cheered for their children, even for the ones who lost as they could tell they tried their best.

The team finally placed down the dark haired boy before running over to their parents to celebrate with them.

"Well done! Looks like your luck pulled through once again" his mother stated after walking over to him on the football field. Hoseok could only smile sadly at his mother, knowing that she was happy that her son was able to bring the trophy home.

"Come on, let's go celebrate with some ice cream!" She exclaimed gleefully while guiding her son towards the car.

"It's not fair!" The lucky boy looked to where he heard the shout came from. He saw a boy from the opposite team cry to his dad, obviously from losing the match.

"Now now, they already warned you about him-"

"He shouldn't be allowed to play! That's cheating!" Hoseok's heart ached slightly at that. He agreed with the boy, yes. It was unfair.

It was unfair that he couldn't join his school's real football team.

It was unfair that he couldn't sign up to be school president.

It was unfair that he couldn't play games with his friends without him always winning.

He wanted to see the other end of the gold coin. It may not be as shiny as the side he's stuck on but he wanted to at least have a taste of what it would be like.

Sure, him and his family were thankful that the 'luck gods' gave him a second chance to live his life.

Could they even call it 'life' if there was no hardships?

Who would have thought?

The luckiest boy alive, found his powers to be the unluckiest thing to have happened to him.

_______________________________________

A/n: who would have thought?