97

"I'm up to my neck in the noises
So I thank God that walls can't talk"

- Against the current

_______________________________________

You would have never thought you would be having this conversation, at this time in your life, on this island and with one of your friends' parents.

And to be honest, you were trying to think of how it became like this.

"Is it true that you are going to marry my son?" Mr. Kim asked you with a stern tone to his voice.

You finally looked up from your lap at the scary looking male before gulping nervously.

The man in front of you didn't really resemble Jin much in appearance wise. He had dark black hair with a few stray grey hairs showing his age.

He looked handsome for a middle aged male and you felt so intimidated from the beautiful family around you.

"Y-yes, sir" you stuttered out.

"You don't really love my Seokjinnie, right? You only want his fame and fortune, right?!" Averting your eyes once more, you tried to not to make matters worse by saying the wrong thing.

"Stop it, mother. Stop assuming she's the worst person you have met and you can only wish you were even a fraction of her" Jin defended you while placing a hand on yours which were located in your lap.

You looked up in shock at the older and so did his father, never seeing his son so drawn to a woman such as yourself.

He was intrigued as to what you did to make him like so.

"Wha- how preposterous! It should be the other way round-!"

"Why do you want to marry our son?" Mr. Kim interrupted his wife who was offended by his action.

"...w-well, it would only seem the right thing to do..." you hated this feeling of deceiving people, especially if it was someone's parents. You wished something would happen to stop this conversation - to stop this deception.

"Who are your parents? What business do they own?" The elder asked bluntly. His wife raised her brows in astonishment, not believing that he might be considering giving you two his blessings.

"My parents? Oh, well my Mum is a social worker and my Dad owns a little music shop..." Mr. Kim didn't look it but he was shocked. He tried to figure out why his son was head over heels for you and thought it might be because of your parents' businesses. That was not the case.

"What is your educational status?"

"I have a degree in music and I nearly became a certified hero..." since you didn't attend your graduation, it had meant that you weren't legally a hero.

Once again, Jin's father was dumbfounded.

"What job do you have now?"

"Well I was working in Nightingale for a little over three years now but I'm trying to become a hero now..." you could tell from his sigh that none of your answers were pleasing him or making the situation better.

"See, honey?! There's no way our Seokjinnie wants to marry this nobody-" Jin slammed his fist on the table as he glared at his parents, surprising everyone as he did so.

"I would really like for you to not disrespect my soon to be wife like this" he threatened, allowing his veins to be seen through his menacing demeanour.

Your heart raced at his words, never hearing someone call you their 'soon to be wife' before.

To stop him from doing something irrational again, you placed your hand over his fist, making him glance your way and immediately calm him down with your soft eyes.

Mr. Kim couldn't believe his eyes. He had never seen his son like this before. Jin was always introverted in front of his father and always kept quiet about his opinions.

But now that you were involved, a whole new side revealed itself to the man.

"I bet she is a psychic user! The government must be slacking if she's running around bewitching men-"

"For the last time-"

"I am not bewitching him or anything like that!" You exclaimed all of a sudden, shocking everyone at the table as well as the heroes upstairs who were eavesdropping.

"Why is it so hard to believe that your son wants to do something of his own accord? Was it that shocking for him to speak his opinions? Was him becoming a hero that bad of an idea? He just wants to live his life and enjoy living his dreams but I guess people don't want to see him happy because of their selfish needs. His parents' jobs or social status shouldn't determine the outcome of their child's life and neither should their happiness. If anyone has the right to be angry, it's your son" you ranted, getting everything off of your chest for the hero beside you.

This was no longer Jin's problem, it was now your problem too.

"Why you insolent girl-"

"My name is Y/N L/N. I am not a nobody, I am not an insignificant person, I am not a gold digger and I'm most certainly not going to let you think that you can decide who I am or what I'm going to be. This also goes for Jin, he is his own person and he doesn't need his parents to say otherwise" you had enough of these people, thinking that they can say and do whatever they want because they have more money and a higher social status.

Jin was staring at you in awe, seeing you in a whole new light and he had never seen it so bright.

No one had ever spoke back at his parents like you did. You were probably the first to ever fight back and he loved it.

His heart twinged at your words and for once in his life, he felt like someone understood him.

And that someone was you.

"Oh my- my heart- honey, can you believe this girl?! Talk some sense in to her-"

"I give my blessing"

...what?

Were you hearing correctly? You were pretty sure you had just insulted them without holding back but Mr. Kim gave you his blessing?

"You... give us your blessing?" Jin urged for his father to repeat himself, not sure if his ears were deceiving him or not.

"H-Honey..."

"I thought you were a push over and had no opinions to give. I was wrong. I can tell you're a strong willed girl that won't let anyone trample all over you... a true Kim quality" speechless, you found it troubling to find the right words. Do you thank him? Do you question him?

"And Seokjin" the mentioned hero looked at his father curiously, wondering what he had to say.

"It took you long enough to fight back. You're no longer the boy who bit his tongue and ran away when things got too hard" Jin watched in confusion as his father stood up from his chair while his mother stuttered in anger.

"What?! You can't give them your blessing- I will not stand for this!"

"Then stay seated" Mr. Kim retaliated before walking out of the kitchen. You tried to stifle a chuckle at what the male had said before quickly looking away when Mrs. Kim faced you with her threatening eyes.

"This is not over. Honey! Don't leave me!" And with that, she quickly ran after her husband.

"...well that was unexpected" you breathed out after going through what happened in your head.

"Tell me about it..." Jin mumbled while not taking his smittened eyes off of you.

_______________________________________

A/n: what a turn of events-