67

"I hate that I hate you"

- Jim Yosef

_______________________________________

A pair of eyes fluttered open to the dark lit room that he recognised was his.

Taehyung immediately groaned in pain as he held his head immediately while slowly lifting his upper body up.

It had felt like he had been asleep forever and he was just waking up from his nightmare.

A nightmare that was his life.

He looked towards the floor to ceiling windows and saw the moon shine brightly in to his room, illuminating it with it's natural glow.

Suddenly, memories of his ex-gang arriving at the island filled his mind, pushing and forcing their way through to his conscious.

Biting his lip, Taehyung knew that he had to get out of here. Jimin knew his secret and he might have told the others already. He wasn't ready to get kicked off the team, not when he was so close to finding that person.

That person who was last on his kill list.

He regretted killing all those people in his past. They were people like him, fighting and defending themselves because they were told to or else they were going to be punished.

Taehyung was about to stand up from his very warm bed until the door suddenly opened up, letting the light from the hallway in as well as a certain silver haired hero.

Jimin stopped in his tracks once he saw that the older was finally awake and he had to make sure that the tray in his arms wouldn't drop.

Both of them stayed silent for awhile, trying to think of what to say or do.

"...are you thirst-"

"Did you tell-" both interrupted one another as they spoke at the same time.

The lightning user bit his lip as he entered the room before closing the door behind him and walking over to Taehyung's side.

"...I brought you water just incase if you woke up" the tension in the room was very much awkward. The shape shifter didn't know what to do with himself at that moment - was he supposed to apologise? Was he supposed to explain himself?

"...Did you tell the others?" Finally, Taehyung looked up at the Eros hero.

Jimin felt his heart sink slightly at what he was seeing. The eyes were so cold, so emotionless- was this the Taehyung he came to know?

"...I only told Jungkook but he didn't believe a word I said..." he answered truthfully. The Zeus hero sighed out in relief, seeing that he still had a chance to stay and become a Protector.

"...can I ask...do you regret it?...killing all those people?" Jimin hoped the other had regretted it, he hoped there was some good in him that he could latch on and hold tightly.

"Yes... I regret it... but it was either I kill or be killed..." Jimin gulped nervously before asking the next question.

"A-and about that last person...on your..." He couldn't bring himself to finish his question since he couldn't believe it, he didn't want to believe it.

Taehyung saw how scared the other was to find out his response and he knew he had to choose his words carefully.

"...I don't want to kill them. I just want to find them, get my questions answered and bring them down" his hands clenched in to fists as he reminded himself of his goal in life. Jimin was relieved to say the least that the other didn't want to kill anyone but he was still unsure about his aim.

"...who is this person? What have they done?" Were they also a murderer?

Taehyung's jaw clenched before averting his gaze, the thought of the person who had ruined his life and simply turned a blind eye infuriated him.

"They ruined my life... they made me this way... and they're the reason why I have this mockery of a power" the younger could only imagine this person to be the worst of the worst.

"...I won't tell anyone... about your secret" Taehyung looked up with raised brows, surprised that he wasn't going to be exposed in front of his new found team mates.

"And I'll talk to Jungkook and say the villain tricked me or something... I want you to have a second chance, V. I want you to not get so hung up on revenge and ruin your life because look where you are now. I just want you to know that whatever you're going through right now, you don't need to go through it alone... I'm here for you... just like how I hope you'll be here for me" Taehyung's heart sank as he felt the immense feeling of guilt wash over him.

He felt that he almost looked disgusting beside Jimin, a kind soul who truly wanted the best for others.

He didn't want to feel like that, he wanted to be like Jimin...but he needed to complete his initial goal before becoming a better person.

He needed to meet that person.

"Thanks, Jimin... it means a lot"

_______________________________________

A/n: who's on his kill list I wonder...👀