49

_______________________________________

"Apparently the rain has stopped back home" Jaeho notified everyone before eating his cereal.

"That's good to hear, people can finally enjoy spring" Myunghee said from across the Athena trainer while eating her avocado toast.

It was now nearly a week after the heroes have arrived and settled in to the new area.

"Hopefully Jungkook comes back..." Jimin yawned out before sitting next to Myunghee.

Jin was walking past the lightning hero before patting his back reassuringly, making the younger turn and smile at him.

The two heroes had resolved their differences last night as they cleaned up the table and did the dishes before deciding to sit outside and look at the stars while talking about when they had met six years ago.

However, Jin didn't fully trust Jimin but he knew that he wouldn't judge him too quickly like he did before.

"He will come back, I know he will" Namjoon said with determination in his voice as he placed the bowl of ice cubes on the table before sitting next to Jaeho and across from Jimin.

"Ugh, why sit next to me? If you're going to be crunching on those, then I'm gone" Jaeho warned once he noticed the contents of the bowl. Without avoiding eye contact, the ice hero took an ice cube and placed it in his mouth before chomping down on it.

"I'll be outside" picking up his unfinished cereal, the creeped out trainer left the house and went to one of the picnic tables outside.

The others could only laugh at the trainer which was a rare sight to see in the condo.

"Are you ready, Yoongi?" Namjoon asked after he had finished his bowl of ice cubes.

"I'm going to train with Taehyung today" he replied before standing up along with the blue haired hero.

The two heroes have become close since the recent Phantom attack since they had worked together to defeat some villains.

However, the mind controller had noticed how his hand to hand combat wasn't all that good so he brought it upon himself to teach the younger.

When I say brought it upon himself, I mean Taehyung begged the older to help him since he was the only experienced hero he could actually get along with.

"This is good, Namjoon and Jimin can work together then to help each other" Myunghee pointed out after seeing the opportunity for the elemental users to help one another.

"Teach me well, Joon" the silver haired hero requested cutely which made the other chuckle. I suppose I can help him a little...

"Alright, you better give it your all" and with that, both of the elementals stood up and went out back to the training grounds.

"Come on, blue"

"It's V!"

"Sure" pouting, Taehyung jogged over to the raven haired hero before hugging his arm and acting cute to persuade the older to call him V. Yoongi instead pushed him away and cursed at him to knock it off but that didn't stop the younger from pestering him.

"Physical combat training?" Hoseok suggested to the eldest hero who looked to have finished his smoothie before nodding.

"You better not tickle me like last time"

"But it was funny!" Myunghee laughed at the two who left after everyone else.

--------------------2 hours later------------------

"Time out! I said time ou-" Taehyung yelled before being pummeled to the ground by the twenty five year old.

"The fight finishes when the opponent is on the floor. There is no time out" getting off the blue haired hero who was groaning in pain, Yoongi dusted off the sand from his hands and pants.

They decided to go and practice on the beach where the sand will give them more of a challenge to keep their balance.

"Urgh, my arms..."

"Stand up, we're no where near done yet" it may not seem like it, but Yoongi was one of the top students in physical combat.

His powers were very much the opposite of physical so he had to have some way to defend himself in case if bad comes to worse.

"Please! A five minute break!" The fallen hero begged. Sighing to himself, the older could only comply with the others request.

"Fine, but only five minutes" deciding to sit down on the sand with the view of the ocean in front of him, Yoongi basked in the warm air.

It wasn't extremely warm like it would be in summer, but just a nice breezy kind of feel.

"...you're doing all of this for your sister, right?" Yoongi was caught off guard by the resting hero who was now turned to face him.

"You must be ready to practice again if you're talking normally-"

"No no! I was just... wondering what kind of person you were" taken aback, the ebony haired male didn't know how to respond and instead stayed silent.

"...I'm sorry if I brought up a sensitive topic" the younger immediately regretted it when he noticed how quiet the other became.

"...just focus on your training and not so much getting to know everyone. Remember what the hero council said? They rather we stay professional" this made Taehyung sulk slightly but soon his face hardened.

"You're right, strictly professional..." it was as if Taehyung was sad that they couldn't become more than coworkers. Yoongi noticed this.

"...I collect fridge magnets from all the places I've been" the shape shifter looked back at the Athena hero before chuckling slightly.

"Wait, really? I never took you as a collector"

"Is that an insult?" Yoongi challenged.

"No! Not at all! It just adds some more character to you, which is cool"

"...you think I'm cool?"

"So cool" after a short period of silence, the two bursted out in to a fit of laughter.

"Haha, come on. Let's stop messing around and-" suddenly, a large tentacle came out of the water and grabbed Taehyung's leg before pulling him up in to the air.

"Woah!"

"Taehyung!" From the ocean emerged a large sea creature that resembled a squid. That was until Yoongi noticed that the tentacles were actually connected to a person.

"I've got him!"

"Let me go!" Taehyung was quick to think ahead as he shrunk in size and fell from the slimy tentacles. He was about to land on the sand and return back to his normal size when a metal box came in to view and he landed inside it instead.

"What the-" the box was quickly shut closed and there was no light inside for Taehyung to see.

"Well well well, if it isn't V" Taehyung recognised that voice from anywhere.

Boss...

_______________________________________

A/n: some action is brewing👀