16

A/n: wow, I shouldn't be trusted with the publish button. I'm trying to convince myself that I should publish these chapters a lot later but I'm way too excited for you guys to read them 😭😭😭😭😭

Lol, if anything, this is good news for you guys 🤣

------------

Previously on 'Who We Are'

------------

"Heroes, they are ready to see you" she stated before returning to typing away.

Everyone looked at each other with hesitancy but eventually began making their way towards the meeting room doors.

_______________________________________

"I appreciate all of you coming today, gentlemen"

"Well I don't appreciate that the one who said that was not the president himself" Namjoon retaliated at the female who introduced herself as the president's secretary.

"I do apologise, he's not in the country at the moment and he sends his regards" she explained before bowing slightly. Everyone was sat around the oval table with the president's secretary being at the head and facing everyone.

"Thank you for coming in his stead, as his secretary, you must be as busy as him" Yoongi interjected while slightly glaring at the ice hero to take it down a notch.

"I understand that most of you will have questions and as the president's secretary, I can guarantee that I will answer them" she boasted before standing up and walked to the side in order for the projection screen to be seen.

"Since we have offered you to join the new Protectors, it does not mean that you have the position yet. We will be testing to see how all of you can work together as well as how all of you can progress individually" the stoic secretary explained before clicking her mini controller which turned on the projector and showed the first slide.

"You will prepare for your test in one of our training grounds which is located in Jeju Island-" Jin tsk'd loudly, making everyone look at him in confusion.

"Is there a problem, sir?"

"Why Jeju? Why not stay here in the country?" He had looked very much annoyed at the fact that they were going to be sent to that specific location.

"The private grounds there are highly protected and can allow you all to have a safe place to train-"

"While also hoping that my parents, who own that land and will be watching us 24/7, will invest more to the hero council. Am I correct?" The others looked a little shocked to say the least at the plant manipulator.

This had also made them think that the hero council may have ulterior moves than they originally thought.

"I can assure you, you will have the right to privacy and we will make sure that they won't bother you when you're training" the woman smiled confidently before carrying on with the presentation.

"If we accept you, this will mean that you will be working for the hero council and not the companies that you are with now. Still interested?" Seeing that no one was going to speak up, she carried on.

"Good. Next, we will talk about our end of the deals that we have made with each of you. Kim Taehyung, 500 billion won, yes?" Hoseok choked on his drink while the others widened their eyes in shock.

"In cash" the blue haired hero added before the secretary smiled widely.

"But of course. Jung Hoseok, your family to be well protected at all times even after you retire?" The lucky hero nodded briefly but with determination. It was already dangerous enough for his family to even be related to him as villains can easily take them away from him if they find out who they were.

"Good. Min Yoongi, a memorial for those who lost their lives because of the psychic users movement, even for your older sister. Correct?" Namjoon was confused at how Yoongi could have come up with this as he had never mentioned a sister or any family member for that matter.

"Yes" the mind controller answered firmly while avoiding eye contact with everyone.

"Great. Kim Seokjin, one wish to be granted at anytime and anywhere. Correct?"

"And no matter how difficult the wish is?"

"Certainly" Jin laid back in his chair after hearing her response with a knowing glint in his eyes.

"And finally, Kim Namjoon. To find your biological parents, correct?" The ice user still seemed wary of all this, thinking could they truly be able to find them.

"...yes"

"Amazing. Since we have all that cleared, we can move on-"

"What happened to the othe Protectors?" Taehyung interrupted with a question. The others were also interested as to where the original Protectors were but couldn't bring themselves to ask such a sensitive topic.

"They have retired. They wish to no longer carry on as heroes" she answered nonchalantly, as if it were nothing.

"...so, does that mean you'll expect us to retire if one of us... dies also?" Hoseok spoke up this time.

"That won't happen. The old Protectors knew each other for a long time and because of that, it was probably their biggest weakness. It was the sole reason why they didn't carry on as heroes but for the new Protectors, it will be strictly professional" the others looked at each other momentarily as if to ask if they were hearing the same thing also.

"We want you to be close enough to trust each other, but not close enough to risk your lives" she warned. The tension in the room quickly thickened which was anything but a good sign when in a meeting with the hero council.

"Shall we carry on without any interruptions? Great" and with that, the cold woman carried on the meeting while the rest tried to not have second thoughts.

_______________________________________