83

"There's a war inside my head
And I'm drowning in regret"

- Yas

_______________________________________

"Ready?"

"As I'll ever be" you muttered before circling Hoseok. Since you had practiced yesterday of the basics and trying to regain your muscle memory to it all, the lucky hero suggested a real match.

You had just hoped that maybe the 'luck Gods' that Hoseok keeps talking about will cut you some slack that morning.

A second passed and the both of you immediately began dueling. You would swing punches and kick every now and then while the other dodged every single attempt.

It was as if Hoseok wasn't even looking at you and it had seemed that he was dodging randomly.

The 'luck Gods' were definitely in his favour.

You needed to do something to even land a single hair on him if you wanted to win.

But you knew it was impossible with his powers.

"Straighten your arms!" He called out after dodging another punch. You were getting fed up around this time and your body was showing it.

The red haired hero noticed your body language and immediately grabbed your fist before twisting it and making you turn around with your back to his front and his mouth near your ear.

"Your arm would have been broken by now and you would have lost the fight" you hissed in pain from the way he was holding your arm behind your back.

"Well against you, that's pretty obvious" biting the inside of his cheeks in irritation, Hoseok let go of you before making sure that you faced him.

"It doesn't matter that you're against me. If you fight with thinking that you're not going to win, then you'll definitely lose" taken aback, you felt your eyes being opened by the hero in front of you, realising that what he was saying was true.

"...but, Hoseok. I know I won't win against you-"

"Then how did you land that punch on me yesterday?" He interrupted, surprising you slightly as he did so with his question. How... did I punch him?

"...didn't you say yesterday it was because it was lucky for you to get punched?"

"I did but I haven't noticed anything good come out from it, except for experiencing my first nose bleed" you rose your brow at this, first nose bleed?

"You've never been punched before?" He shook his head.

"Never... but to be fair, I'm glad it was you who knocked me out" you urged him to explain.

"If it were one of the guys, they'd never stop teasing me about it" this made you chuckle.

"Wouldn't it be better if it's one of the guys? It's better than saying you got knocked out by a girl" you watched as the other rose a brow in confusion.

"Why would that be better? Girls can put up a fight too" amazed at his words, you stood there and felt the sudden built up of confidence now that he had said it.

"...why are you staring at me like that?"

"Because you're an amazing person" it was Hoseok's turn to be surprised and a little more flushed than he was supposed to be.

"...let's get you a partner that you'll at least get a chance to beat" the Eros hero stated while turning away from you, not wanting you to see his blushing cheeks.