29

_______________________________________

------------------2 months ago-------------------

"Damn it!" Taehyung cursed under his breath as he ran away from the group of males that he knew.

"Get back here you idiot!" One of them yelled. Looking back momentarily, the shape shifter tried to think of a way to lose them and noticed a dark alley way on the left.

Deciding to run with what little strength he had, Taehyung finally made it to the alleyway and quickly shrunk in size while making the rubbish container that was at the mouth of the alley increase in size, blocking the others from getting.

"You three, go find the others who helped that son of a gun" the leader demanded his subordinates who obeyed without a thought.

Taehyung and his family were really short on money this past month as the weather made it difficult for his parents to get to work on time.

If they had missed their next rent payment, they were going to get kicked out. For good.

So Taehyung took it upon himself to take action. Steal his gang's money.

Of course he didn't do alone, he needed someone to keep an eye out and to fight if something went wrong.

Unfortunately for the two newest members of the gang, they were now targeted by the gang. They had only agreed to help Taehyung if they also got some of the money to which he agreed.

Only their plan did not go the way they expected.

"I need to get out of here..." the blue haired male looked around and realised that the building beside him was a cafe and they had left the little window above the back door open. It was very late in to the night and it had meant that the cafe was shut and very much empty.

"On the count of three, we push through. Ready?" Taehyung heard from the other side of the large rubbish container. Not wasting anytime, the tiny shape shifter jumped up and went through the gap before landing inside the quaint cafe.

Deciding to return back to his normal size, he heard the men outside fall on the container as it had also returned to it's normal size.

"Ugh! Where is that boy?! Find him!" He heard them run to the other end of the alleyway and jumped over the walls while thinking he had went that way.

Sighing out in relief, Taehyung looked around the dark cafe and decided that it was a good place to stay and to get out of the cold.

Walking to the back, he reached towards one of the cupboards and took the coffee sachets before opening one.

Grabbing a mug, he poured the contents in to it and proceeded to start boiling water through the kettle. After a few seconds, he poured the hot water in to the cup after it was done boiling and took a sip.

"Urgh! Disgusting" he knew he hated coffee, but he wanted to give it another try since he might like it later on. Placing the cup down, he returned back to looking around and analysed that it was a cute, normal cafe.

In the back was a place for the staff to get changed and to chill and fortunately for Taehyung, a couch to sleep on.

Seeing that this was his opportunity to snoop around for some more money, he went through the belongings that were left in the back room.

Nothing. Except for a change of clothes.

Going back to the front of the cafe, he stood behind the till and looked around with a blank face.

Suddenly, his frown was forced to change in to a smile while the twenty three year old got in to character.

"Welcome! The usual?" Silence answered him back but that didn't stop his scene.

"Two mochas coming right up!" Turning around, he started to work on the machines while trying to make the two drinks.

"How's the wife? Still moody? I feel for you, man" placing two cups under the machine, he pressed the button which turned it on and he pressed the mocha button twice.

"Me? Oh you know, I've been the same. Studying, working, socialising- but I'm happy that my lifestyle is normal" he spoke cheerfully.

The machine dinged, signalling that the two drinks were done and ready to serve.

"Enough of me blabbering, here are your two mochas-" lifting the two cups carefully, Taehyung turned around and handed over the drinks. However, there was no one to hand them to and instead, the cups bounced off the counter and fell on the floor with a smash.

The smile that was stretched on his face quickly left and he looked on the till surface to see the pieces of the two broken cups.

"...that w-will be... that will be 4000 won" silence. Tears began streaming down his face while his lips trembled and his hands clenched in to fists.

Walking backwards until his back hit the wall, he slid down the wall and pulled his knees close to his chest before coughing out his sobs.

This wasn't the life he chose.

So why was he living it?

_______________________________________

A/n: I wish I could hug him right now 🥺