25

------------

------------

Previously on 'Who We Are'

------------

"Wait for me!" One by one, everyone turned around to see a silver haired male running over to them wearing a white sweater and blue jeans. He was dragging is heavy suitcase with difficult towards the group who had their eyes widened at the person in front of them.

"...Jimin?!"

_______________________________________

The tension...

...was thick. The mood in the small private jet was uncomfortable.

The air hostess was grateful that she was away from the awkwardness as she had curtains separating them from her.

On one side of the jet with four cushioned chairs facing each other, sat Namjoon and Yoongi on one side which was a good thing since they got along well, thankfully.

Facing them was the two experienced Eros heroes who also got along with each other, fortunately.

What wasn't fortunate, was that Jin hated Namjoon and Namjoon hated Jin.

Hate was a strong word but they both wished that there was a stronger word to describe how they felt for each other.

Not only that, but Yoongi found Hoseok annoying and Hoseok found Yoongi unapproachable.

The four of them being that close was not a good idea. Who on earth even thought of putting them together?! ((A/n:...hehe😈))

On the other side of the jet was a similar story. Jungkook was sat next to his Zeus friend while facing the silver haired hero.

Jungkook was disappointed in Jimin and Jimin was guilty because of Jungkook.

Taehyung was the odd one out, he was mostly looking around everyone and trying to think why the tension was so heated.

"...so, Jimin. Care to explain how you got here?" The ex-villain spoke up, finally breaking the silence.

Everyone's ears perked up at the question and they quickly listened in to hear the response. The lightning hero gulped nervously as he felt the stares on him.

"Well... the hero council asked me" Jungkook clicked his tongue before laughing darkly.

"Why would the hero council ask a coward to join the new Protectors?"

"Jungkook!" Namjoon yelled at the younger, annoyed at the way he was talking to the other.

"He isn't wrong. Why did the hero council ask for a new recruit to join the most experienced hero group in the country?" Jin spoke this time as deducted that something was definitely off about his response.

Something was going on behind their back... and Jin was going to find out what it was.

"T-they said because I was an elemental... they said I have potential" he answered almost robotically. Even he looked unsure about his own answer and it didn't help convince the others.

"An elemental? You can't even summon a lightning bolt-"

"That's enough! If the hero council says he has potential then he does. We're all getting tested anyway so he can prove himself if he's worthy just like the rest of us" Namjoon bellowed at the plant manipulator, sticking up for the defenseless hero.

"Trust me, he won't even make it past training-"

"I swear to Athena, Jungkook-!"

"It's okay, Joon! They have every right to be like that" Jimin interjected before things got worse. He knew this would happen but he was still not prepared for the outcome.

"No they don't! They just need to mind their own business and worry about themselves" the ice user warned while glaring at Jin and Jungkook.

"Am I missing something? Why are we against Jimin?" Hoseok exclaimed while looking at everyone.

"Just shut up. You're making the situation worse" the mind controller retorted at the red haired who only snarled at his response.

"I'm just trying to understand-"

"You don't need to understand, just drop it-"

"He is my friend! So of course I need to understand!" Jin had never seen the usually happy-go-lucky hero so angry before. It sent chills up his spine.

"Friend? Then how come he didn't tell you about it?" Hoseok was about to open his but realised that he had no answer to give. Why didn't he tell me?

"You two stop it as well. We have a whole day in front of us so I suggest not wasting your energy on these insignificant arguments" the blonde hero added before watching the two face away from each other and tried to calm down.

Taehyung watched as everyone returned back to staying quiet before looking over at Jimin and giving him a reassuring smile.

It was definitely going to be a long day.

_______________________________________

A/n: it's not looking good guys 😔