17

_______________________________________

--------------------19 years ago-------------------

"Da-Eun! Come out quick!" A little boy yelled from the back garden. The mentioned girl looked up from her cake batter from the kitchen and quickly dropped what she was doing and ran out to her little brother.

"What's wrong?! Are you hurt?!" The eleven year old girl exclaimed. Her eyes drifted between the raven haired boy and to the tree he was pointing at, confused at what he was trying to imply.

"The bird is stuck! He's scared!" Sighing in relief that her younger brother was unharmed, she walked over to him and looked up at the bird stuck in the tree.

The wings were caught on a branch and clearly it looked to be in pain as it tried to fly away.

"Please help him, Da-Eun!" The older sister looked down at the crying boy.

"Don't worry, I'll help him" closing her eyes, she tried to focus her energy to the trapped bird before quickly opening her eyes to reveal white orbs instead of the dark brown ones.

The little boy watched while trying to rub the tears away at his older sister's attempt. He knew of his sister's powers and knew that she would try her very best to save the injured animal.

He watched the bird suddenly calm down and almost acted human like as it tried to use its other wing to unhinge the trapped one. As soon as it was free, Da-Eun blinked once and began taking control of her body once more before watching the bird fly away.

"You did it! Thank you, Da-Eun!" The boy exclaimed gleefully before hugging her tightly. He had only managed to reach his arms around her waist as he was significantly shorter than the girl.

"No problem, just don't scare me like that next time. I really thought something bad had happened to you" she warned after bending down to his height and fixing his disheveled hair.

"You should be a hero! You save lives everyday!" He added while looking at his sister proudly.

"You think so? I'd make a cool hero, huh?" She teased as she saw her brother's smile widened.

"Mhm! And you can save me, too!"

"Why would I need to save a hero?" Her brother looked surprised at her statement, never really thinking about becoming a hero with his sister before.

"...I don't want to be a hero. I want to be your brother" she chuckled at this.

"You're already my brother! But you can be my brother and a hero" once he realised he could be both, he began jumping with excitement before running around the garden.

"Be careful citizens! Yoongi is here to save you!" Da-Eun could only watch with a content smile at her younger brother before she heard a voice call her from inside the house.

"Da-Eun! Can you turn off the TV? It's wasting electricity!"

"Okay, Mum! Yoongi, play nicely, okay?" He couldn't hear his sister as he was too busy saving the ants in his garden and pretending to be a hero.

Running inside, she walked to the living and searched for the remote to turn off the TV.

"...another psychic user has been detained this morning after they found out that he was manipulating his boss to give him a pay rise. The council will be taking this in to account and may even start doing tests around the country for any psychic users who are misusing their powers..." Da-Eun stopped what she was doing and watched the news in slight fear, knowing that her mind controlling powers was the most hated powers in the world.

She had never used her powers in a bad way but that didn't stop people from being wary around her as it was difficult to know when she was using her powers.

After the country had found out about the vice president of South Korea's government was manipulating the president's decisions, they began to not trust the system and demand for something to change it.

Da-Eun also didn't trust the system. But not in the same way as others.

She was afraid that they might do something terrible... and soon.

_______________________________________