60

A/n: flashback time~

_______________________________________

---------------------4 years ago--------------------

"Would you like to order a beverage, sir?" The waiter asked politely at the person hiding behind the large menu.

Slowly, the person pulled down the menu and allowed his lifeless eyes to be visible.

If looks could kill, the poor waiter would have died right there and then.

"...I'll have a bottle of Armand de Brignac with two champagne glasses" the waiter widened his eyes in slight shock. The boy looked way too under dressed for the fancy restaurant that he worked at and he certainly didn't look like he would be able to afford it.

But what shocked him the most was that that specific champagne was not on the menu and only VIP guests would know that they had that beverage. So how did this rough looking male know?

"...You can leave now" the boy ordered bitterly, having had enough of seeing the waiter standing there and doing nothing.

"A-ah yes, a bottle of Armand de Brignac and two champagne glasses..." and with that, he walked off to the kitchen.

The boy holding the menu rolled his eyes before settling the said menu down on the table before looking down at his broken wrist watch.

"She's late" the dark haired boy muttered. The way he slumped in his chair and the way he crossed his arms very much stood out from the rest of the restaurant.

He looked so out of place.

But why did he act like he owned the place?

"Taehyung? Is that you?" The mentioned boy turned around to see a well dressed girl who looked to be around his age. She wore an elegant pink dress that was tight around her chest and flowed out from her waist.

Her expensive jewelry complimented her overall look and she looked well polished. The opposite of Taehyung.

"You're late" he grumbled out as he watched the girl sit across from him. He knew this girl. Well, he knew that she was the daughter of his father's friend from the his old workplace.

"I wasn't that eager to come, unlike somebody" she rolled her eyes while taking off her shoulder bag and placing it on the table before picking up the menu.

"I came on time, like we agreed" he defended after clicking his tongue in annoyance.

"Why do we not have the VIP menu? Waiter!" Immediately, one of the nearby waiters ran over and urged her to vocalise her request.

"Why do I not have the VIP menu? This table should be under my booking" she looked irritated that the restaurant had not given her the special treatment that she would usually get when attending.

The waiter realised who he was talking to and immediately apologised.

"I-I'm so sorry, Miss Ahn! I didn't realise you were the one who booked..." the waiter glanced over at Taehyung in confusion at how such an uncultured human was sitting across from the famous Ahn Hyejin.

"Go grab me the VIP menu" she ordered before returning back to face the other. The waiter scurried off to get the menu and to get away from the tensed up table.

"Tch, I see your rich filled life is treating you well" Tehyung snarled before trailing his eyes up and down her body.

"And I see your poor life is not treating you well" Hyejin counteracted while also giving him judgy looks.

"My new life is the reason why we're here talking"

"And it's also the reason why we're not getting married" she stated after taking out her lipstick and small mirror from her purse.

Indeed, Taehyung was engaged.

Was.

The engagement wasn't his or Hyejin's decision, it was their parents. They decided this many years ago and before either of them had met.

It was strictly business and he hated it.

"You won't believe how happy I was to hear the engagement was off" he chuckled darkly after swinging his leg over the other, making the woman grimace at the sight.

"Fix your posture, I don't want to be seen with a person of your nature" Taehyung rose a brow in amusement.

"A person of my nature? Coming from the girl who was head over heels for me" snapping her mirror shut, the dark haired woman glared daggers at the other.

"That was when you had money, don't flatter yourself. Plus, the tables have turned, haven't they?" Taehyung's amused face become sour at what she said.

"I begged for you to marry and love me but now you're begging me to marry you! Isn't that funny?" He hated this feeling.

The feeling of being belittled. His values and dignity only lost their integrity throughout this past year.

His life wasn't as shiny as before and anyone could see that.

"...don't start toying with me. Get straight to the point and say whether you'll help me out or not" Hyejin crossed her arms smugly before grinning widely.

"Beg" the other rose his brows in shock.

"What?"

"Beg. Go on the floor and beg in front of all these people just like I did in front of your parents" is she serious?

There was a reason he hated hanging around snobby people like Hyejin and that was because he was one himself.

"I'm being serious, Hyejin-"

"And so am I. Beg, Kim Taehyung... beg like your life depends on it" her evil was showing and she was loving it. Before either of them could do or say anything, the waiter from before arrived with their drinks.

"A bottle of Armand de B-" the bottle was no longer in his hands as Taehyung had grabbed it off of him and immediately thrashed the contents on the pretty girl.

"Wha-" the whole restaurant was now looking at the pair in shock and bewilderment, never seeing such a stunt being pulled off right in front of them.

"Beg? The only time I'll ever beg is for the person I love" turning on his heel, Taehyung wasted no time in leaving the girl and the restaurant.

_______________________________________

A/n: I loved writing this chapter 😭