99

"I'm constantly reminded of all the compromises
By the people from my past who have a hard time letting go"

- 5SOS

_______________________________________

Day became night on the lone island of Jeju. The warmth that came with the sun had vanished along with it and instead, strong gusts of wind came in its place.

"You sure we won't get flooded?"

"Jimin, we're no where near the sea so we'll be just fine. Not to mention we're on a small hill" you reassured while looking out the window with the silver haired hero.

You had just finished taking a shower and everyone else was still upstairs, cleaning themselves up from today's training.

All except one hero who was done ages ago and was concerned with the weather conditions.

"Still... what if lightning strikes down and causes a fire?" You chuckled at this.

"Aren't you a lightning user? Why are you so worried?"

"Because you guys aren't lightning users" your smile became flat as you realised why the younger was so worried all this time.

"We'll be fine, I promise" you rubbed his back soothingly to help calm his nerves before returning back to leaning on the window sill with the male beside you.

"At least it's not raining-"

FLASH!

BOOM!

TSHHHHH!

"...I spoke too soon" it was as if the clouds could hear you two as it suddenly started to rain with thunder and lighting in the background.

"Are you sure you didn't just summon a lightning bolt right now?" You asked, surprised of the sudden change in weather.

"Why would I at a time like this?" The both of you laughed amongst yourselves before hearing footsteps coming down the staircase.

Both of you looked behind and saw that it was the blonde hero who was the culprit of those footsteps.

It was clear that he had just came out of the shower as his hair was still damp and he was now wearing his home clothes which consisted of the blue Athena tshirt and grey jogging bottoms.

"Hey, Joon!" Jimin yelled joyfully once he saw the older come down the stairs and walk towards the both of you with a towel in hand.

"Hey, did you sneeze and make the lightning appear outside?" He chuckled before finally standing a few centimetres away from you.

"I don't even do that!" The kitchen was filled with laughter before finally everyone calmed down.

"Hey, Jimin? Do you think you can let me have a word with Y/N for a second?" The lightning user switched his gaze between you two before realising what the older was insinuating.

"Ah! Right, yeah of course- I needed to go see Jhope anyway" after sending an awkward smile your way, Jimin left you two alone in the kitchen.

You definitely knew what the conversation was going to be about.

It was obvious.

It was silent for a few seconds, unsure of who was going to speak first or whether you guys even knew what to say for that matter.

"...can we talk about what happened-"

"It was in the heat of the moment, right?" You interrupted him, trying to show the other that you weren't all that bothered about what happened but actually you didn't stop thinking about it all night.

Feeling silight guilty that you weren't exposing your true feelings to him but the thought of him losing his hero licence because of you was much more important.

The hero council stated for there to be no heroes who involve romance in to their work or else there would be great punishment for them.

You were still unsure about his feelings for you- even though Myunghee had made it quite certain that it was obvious from the start.

You watched as the other was taken aback at your words but quickly he too tried to seem 'cool'.

"Oh- err, yes... I just wanted to make sure that you aren't uncomfortable around me after what happened..." he muttered out while scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"Uncomfortable? Pfft, no way~ you're still the same good old buddy to me!" You exclaimed while sending a punch on his shoulder, over doing it on the whole 'buddy' facade.

He placed his hand on the area that you punched so suddenly and tried to soothe the pain as well as try to act as if he wasn't at all discomforted by your words.

"Yeah... buddies..." why did I do that?! Ugh, so embarrassing..., you thought while mentally face palming.

"...are you buddies with Jin?"

"Hm? Oh we're more than just buddies, we're practically siblings! He's definitely that annoying brother that everyone talks about...hehe..." why is it so hard to talk to him now?!

"Ah, I see... well, I just wanted to clear things up between us and I'm happy we have"

"Same here! It would be bad if there was a misunderstanding about someone's feelings - especially since we're heroes now and all..." you explained while playing with the hem of your pyjama shirt.

"Oh! I remembered that Myunghee wanted to do face masks together before we sleep. I'll see you tomorrow morning, Namjoon- good night!" And just like that, you had erased yourself from the kitchen.

Namjoon thought over the words you said whilst sighing in exasperation.

"Yeah... especially because we are heroes..."

_______________________________________

A/n: cringe levels have gone through the roof-