4

_______________________________________

In another part of the hospital, a few floors above your room, Jungkook and Taehyung reside in the same room together while covered in bandages and wearing the same hospital gown.

Jungkook was lucky enough to have the bed closest to the window and could see the outside world clearly. Too bad the rain had made it difficult to enjoy what he was seeing.

Taehyung was sleeping in his own bed on the other side of Jungkook, trying to get some rest before being discharged tomorrow.

The brunette did feel sorry for the other, having to have dealt with the clay monster on his own and received many injuries because of it.

The blue haired hero had many cuts and burns from the fallen stage and if it weren't for his quick thinking, his injuries would have been a lot worse.

Jungkook also had cuts but not as much as the other. Instead, he had received a strong concussion from hitting all those trees harshly but fortunately for him, it was settling down.

Jungkook couldn't attend the funeral as he was completely knocked out while Taehyung decided to stay with the younger as he wanted to be there for when he woke up.

A knock at the door broke the copy hero's thoughts.

"Hey" Jimin's head popped out of the door to check if either of them were awake and to his luck, Jungkook was sitting up and very much awake.

The Zeus hero nodded as a greeting and returned back to looking out the window.

The pink haired hero walked over to the chair inbetween the two beds and took a seat while placing down a stack of comics that he and managed to bring.

"How are you?" Jimin asked while making sure to not wake up the sleeping size shifter.

"...I'm fine" he replied bitterly. Ever since he saw Jimin running away from the villains and not helping them fight back, he thought differently about the Eros hero.

Well not differently, just returned back to his original judgement of the older.

A coward.

"...what about V?" Jimin questioned after looking behind him at the resting hero.

"The same" Jimin could clearly hear the venom in his voice and he knew why. He didn't want to admit it but he wasn't as helpful as he had wanted to be.

He was lucky enough to get out of the attack with a few scratches and bruises, nothing serious like the two beside him.

Jimin decided to stay in Seoul with Namjoon as he offered the younger to stay with him in a nearby hotel so that they could both visit the patients.

Myunghee gave the Eros hero permission to stay for a week, or until Jungkook and Taehyung get discharged from the hospital before he should return back to his company.

"...I'm really sorry for-"

"Saying sorry isn't going to fix anything" he stated angrily after whipping his head towards the lightning user.

Looking down in guilt, Jimin bit his lip nervously as he knew the other was right.

It was then Jungkook ahd noticed the pile of comic books on the table next to him.

"What are those?" Confused, Jimin lifted his head at the brunette before realising that he was looking at the books next to him.

"Oh, Seonghwa dropped them off at reception for you" rolling his eyes, the twenty one year old returned his gaze back at the window.

"You can take them"

"They're not mine to take"

"Then leave them for Taehyung" Jimin could only sigh at the other's stubbornness.

"...I'll go see how Y/N is doing. Want to come?" Jungkook was allowed to walk around the hospital as long as he had his drip with him at all times.

"...no" the brunette couldn't face you just yet, not being able to forgive himself for not getting you to safety and instead, allowing you to get kidnapped by the villains. He had never doubted his powers and strength before losing you. For once, he felt weak.

"Okay... tell V I came by" and with that, Jimin left after closing the door behind him. As soon as the doors closed, the tear ducts opened.

Tears fell non stop down his cheeks as he looked at the window. He brought his hand up to his mouth and covered his sobs so that he couldn't wake the other up.

But to his dismay, Taehyung was awake all this time.

And he heard every muffled sob.

_______________________________________

A/n: broke my heart ngl 😭