91

"So tired from the miles I'm traveling
Getting lost somewhere that I haven't been"

- Hearts & Colors

_______________________________________

You pulled the fluffy pink blanket closer to you as you swung on the wooden bench swing that was located on the porch.

The sky was clear that night and it was filled with stars instead of the grey clouds that loomed over the island last night.

You sighed aloud before checking the time on your phone once again.

11:29pm, huh, you thought before returning your phone and hand back in the blanket.

It had nearly been eleven hours since the whole Jin thing happened. You were pretty shaken up about it and were unsure of what to think or say.

But you knew what you needed to do.

"...hey" you turned your head round to see your best friend since high school stand at the doorway leading to back inside the warm condo.

"Hi..." slowly, she revealed the two cups of hot chocolate that she had prepared.

"Hot chocolate?" This made you smile before nodding and scooting over to allow Myunghee to sit down beside you.

Quickly, she made her way over before offering you the said beverage to which you took gratefully. The warmth of the cup filling the air around you made you sigh in delight as you leaned back in the bench.

"Thanks, I really needed this"

"It's just like old times, right?" You remembered how you two used to go out on the roof during your high school days and drink hot chocolate while looking at the stars for the whole night. Well until Myunghee's parents found out and would nag at you guys to come back in.

"Yeah... just like the old times" you muttered before looking down at your cup.

"...do you think the us from nine years ago would have thought we'd be here today?" You looked up at the girl beside you, interested as to what she had to say.

"...probably not" you responded before taking a sip of the hot drink.

"I think the me from the past would be so shocked that I ended working to help train the Protectors... but I think the past you would be even more shock to see where you are today" continuing to listen, you stayed silent as she carried on.

"You've been through thick and thin to be where you are today, Y/N. So don't let today knock you down... only you can decide what happens to yourself, nobody else can tell you what to do. Not even me" you knew where she was going with this but it helped to bring your confidence back up.

"Thanks, Myunghee. You're the best, you know that?"

"It would have been a problem if I wasn't" both of you chuckled before hearing a loud bang come from one if the room upstairs.

"I said watch out for the light!"

"Sorry!" It was the troublesome Zeus heroes.

"I'll go check to see what they broke... don't stay out too long, okay?" You nodded briefly before pushing her to go.

"If those idiots broke anything of mine..." you chuckled at the trainer's words that she said to herself as she left. Returning to look back up at the stars, your thoughts from before came crawling back.

Your thoughts about the plant hero filled your mind. Truthfully, you had just wanted to talk to him, wanting to know what he was thinking and if his feelings were true.