68

A/n: I think we're a little over half way through book 2! We're nearly there guys I promise 😭

-------------

Previously on 'Who We Are'

-------------

He felt that he almost looked disgusting beside Jimin, a kind soul who truly wanted the best for others.

He didn't want to feel like that, he wanted to be like Jimin...but he needed to complete his initial goal before becoming a better person.

He needed to meet that person.

"Thanks, Jimin... it means a lot"

_______________________________________

It was finally the morning after your arrival to Jeju island.

Since you were sick and tired of waking up in the hospital room for the past few weeks, you woke up much earlier than everyone else and decided to have a look around the fancy condo and training grounds.

"Woah... it's voice activated?" You muttered to yourself, impressed that the fridge had a huge touch screen and was waiting for further instructions.

"Err... open sesame?" You asked aloud, hoping that maybe that would do the trick to opening up the fridge. Obviously, you already knew the outcome.

"Hmmm... I want to eat, please?" Nothing.

"Alexo, open" a male's voice spoke up behind you, making your turn suddenly before hearing the fridge click open behind you.

"Oh- morning, Jin!" You exclaimed gleefully, happy to see that someone was awake and to talk to.

He chuckled at your reaction before walking over to you and opening the fridge door.

"Don't know how to use an Alexo? And to think, I'm the older one" you playfully scoffed at the hero as you watched him take out already cut up fruit for him to eat.

"Why would I need to know when I have hands that can open a fridge door?" You argued jokingly before grabbing a carton of milk and making your way over to the storage unit to get a bowl.

"Everything in this condo is voice activated so you're going to have to know" Jin stated as a matter of fact while sitting at the kitchen table and began eating his fruit.

"Wait, really?! It's all voice activated?"

"Yeah, even that bowl is voice activated. Tell it to heat up your milk" you were beyond shocked. Had technology advanced this much? Where were you during this time of progression?

"No way...Alexo, heat up my milk" you said after getting close to the bowl on the counter. You waited for the milk to start boiling up and for the steam to rise but, nothing was happening?

"...pfft-HAHAHA" confused, you turned around to face the laughing hero who was bent over the kitchen table laughing his lungs out. That's when you realised that you had been toyed with once again.

"Ha ha, very funny, Jin" rolling your eyes, you sat across from the plant user with your bowl of cold milk and a cereal box.

"I can't- I can't believe you just did that!" He coughed out while wiping away a tear that had escaped.

"Don't make me throw this box at you" you threatened while glaring at the amused hero. The sound of footsteps gained your attention as you strained your neck to see who had came down the spiral staircase.

The corner of your eyes crinkled in delight as you saw their familiar dimpled face.

"Morning, Namjoon!" And for the first time, Jin saw the ice king smile. He was shocked really, never seeing such warmth radiate off the cold hero before.

He looked so happy...

Because of you.

"What are you doing up so early? You should be getting some rest" the blonde pointed out before sitting beside you and giving you his full attention.

"I couldn't sleep anymore... since I'm so excited to train with you guys" Was Jin third wheeling right now? He couldn't believe it, he was the one who the girls swooned for, he was the main protagonist.

"...I still don't think you're ready to become a Protector" Namjoon sighed out. After finding out the reason of your arrival yesterday, he had been very pessimistic about your choice.

Knowing the reason why you were so determined to not join him and Yoongi in a hero group, it had made him very guilty and wished for you to take it slow and easy.

"If my skills aren't up to par with you guys, then I'll step down. But I'm going to try my very hardest to become a hero... for Taemin... for me" Namjoon reached his hand over to yours and squeezed it reassuringly, making you look at him before blushing slightly.

"I want you safe and happy... but I guess I can take care of the 'safe' part, right?" his words made you feel so giddy and nervous, stop it, Y/N! Get a hold of yourself!

Jin, however, was not at all amused by the scene in front of him.

The plant manipulator was smug about the fact that he had more than Namjoon; more experience, more connections, more friends. But Namjoon had one thing that the other didn't have.

You.

"I came here to eat, not watch a romance drama" he stated bitterly before eating his fruit angrily. Namjoon simply scoffed at the older's childish response while you created a little distance between you and the Athena hero, embarrassed at what Jin said.

"Is the princess annoyed that he's not getting attention?"

"I would rather go blind than watch you smile like a little girl"

"Prissy"

"Ice king"

"Guys!" You yelled in disbelief. The two looked at you momentarily before glaring at one another and returning to their breakfast (or in Namjoon's case, making his breakfast).

"*yawn* what is going on down here?" Jaeho trudged down the stairs while scratching his tummy under his work shirt and his other hand ruffling his messy hair.

"...I've just lost my appetite" Jin groaned out after seeing the gross trainer and pushing the bowl of fruit away from him.

"Anyone seen my hair brush?" Myunghee yelled from the top of the stairs. Jaeho's eyes widened as he slowly pulled out the said hair brush that he had found to use for his itchy tummy.

The others, including you, stayed silent as you waited to see how the male would respond.

"...it's down here!"

"Jaeho!"

"What?!"

_______________________________________

A/n: oh Jaeho 😩