22

_______________________________________

--------------------19 years ago-------------------

Who would have thought that a trip to the park was what the orphanage needed after being locked up inside because of the rain.

"Let's go feed the swans!" It had been raining quite a bit over the week but thankfully, when the weekend came, it stopped for the children to finally come out and play.

"Let's go on the slides!" Everyone dispersed and your mother, who volunteered to keep an eye on everyone while they played, sat on the bench while making sure everyone was safe.

You looked around at the lively park and you were torn for choices. 'Should I go feed the swans? Oh, maybe go on the slides first- maybe play hide and seek?!', your tiny body could not contain the excitement growing within you.

After much thought, you decided to go towards the playground where all the slides and obstacle courses were. You recognized some children who were from the orphanage and the others were random children who came with their parents to play.

"Let's play house! I'll be the Mum and Minho can be the Dad!" A girl from the orphanage yelled to the group.

Minho rolled his eyes as he knew that the girl had a huge crush on him and the only reason she wanted to play house was so they she could get closer to him.

"I want to be Mum, too!" Another girl exclaimed. Soon after, more girls started to appear and argued about wanting to be mothers as well.

"Okay! You can all be Mums as long as you get a husband" you watched as the girls blushed and quickly went off to find a boy to be their 'husbands'. You loved playing house. Especially if it was a big group of people such as this.

But you didn't have a boy in mind to ask. Minho was the first friend you made when you came to the orphanage and he had decided to stay with you to show you around and to play with him. But he was taken.

Looking around, you tried to find a boy who looked nice enough to let you be his 'wife' and play house with you.

Suddenly, you noticed a boy sitting under one of the slides with his nose in the book he was reading. A boy!

You ran over quickly, dodging all the kids that were playing around you and you finally made it with no trouble.

"Hey! Want to play house with us and be Dad while I'll be Mum?" You rushed your words out as you wanted to get a response as soon as possible in order to get back with the group.

The boy finally pulled the book away from his face and that's when you realised you had made a mistake.

"Play house? No way" and with that, the blonde boy returned back to reading after rejecting you.

It was no surprise that he had rejected your offer.

"We're starting soon!" The girl from before exclaimed loudly for everyone to hear.

You panicked.

"Please? It's only pretend!" Pushing down his book slightly, you saw his piercing blue eyes that glared right back at you.

"I don't play stupid games. Go away" you sulked slightly, seeing your attempt at convincing him to play was failing horribly.

"But I won't be able to play with them if I don't have a husband!"

"I don't care"

"...please?" Looking up from his book, the boy noticed your sulky expression and almost blushed at how cute you looked. Maybe he was being a little too harsh on her...

"...okay, I'll pl-"

"Y/N! We're about to start-" Minho warned before realising who you were talking to.

"Why are you talking to him?" He asked with a cautious look.

"I don't have a husband to play house with so I asked if he wanted to play with us" you explained while pouting more.

"It's okay, I'll be your husband. You don't need to ask him anymore" Minho grabbed your hand and was about to take you away until you stopped him.

"Wait! I haven't heard his answer" you looked back at the lone boy and with puppy eyes, you tried to beg him to say yes.

The boy was shocked that you still wanted to hear his answer when Minho had already offered to be your husband. But that's when he felt it. The glares coming from the boy beside you, as if to scare him away.

"...Like I said, it's a stupid game" your shoulders sank in disappointment even though you were sure he was going to say yes.

"See, Y/N? He doesn't want to play" taking your hand in his once more, Minho dragged you away while you kept your gaze on the lonesome boy, wondering what had happened to change his mind.

_______________________________________

A/n: I love writing Y/N's back story, it's just too cute 😭😭😭😭

Anyone remember playing house? Istg it was the most embarrassing thing 😭