14

_______________________________________

The sound of an employee typing away on a keyboard was all that Namjoon could hear as he waited outside the meeting room located within the hero council HQ.

He had been waiting quite a bit to meet up with the president of the hero council but it was obvious it wasn't his top priority at the moment.

He arrived in Wonju earlier this morning as he was told to come by the council HQ today to discuss his part of the agreement.

The ice hero was still skeptical about the idea of telling them about his wants. Wanting to find his biological parents who left him when he was very young.

Some people who are in his shoes would probably want to forget their parents who ditched them, seeing no reason to meet them if their parents didn't even want to deal with them in the first place.

Did Namjoon hate his parents? He doesn't know.

Does he blame them for having a troubled childhood? Very much.

All that the hero wanted was to know. Know why.

Why did they abandon him?

Why did they hide their identities to the orphanage?

Why did they leave him with an Athena blanket?

It was funny really. How his parents left him with a blanket to keep the cold away but he had never felt so cold and lonely than on that day.

He doesn't remember much. Hardly anything really. He was three after all.

But he vividly remembers the cold that came from the falling snow and hail.

He could have died that night. He could've been a nameless child that was found dead on a winter night in Ilsan. He could've been a nobody.

But he didn't.

He lived.

He grew in to the person he is today - a hero who was respected by many.

But at what cost?

His body was only used to the cold, never the warmth that people describe wholeheartedly.

The warmth from a fire pit when you sit with your friends.

The warmth of a hot chocolate on a Christmas night.

The warmth of a parent hugging you after a long tiring day.

The warmth of love.

There was only one person who comes to mind when he thinks of that four letter word.

The person who made him feel like he wasn't alone.

That he didn't have to go through his troubles by himself.