21

_______________________________________

It was now the second day of April. Two weeks since the Azalea attack and Taemin's death.

The country has only stressed the hero council to do something about the missing Protectors who are avoiding their duties and are hiding away somewhere.

Hyori's location has been confirmed - she's been stuck in her luxurious penthouse and refuses to come out. No one has seen her or heard from her.

Jiyong's location has been on and off. Some people would see him at Taemin's memorial place and sometimes they'd see him at the bar with a glass always in his hand.

Sehun's location, however, has not been confirmed. No one knew where he was. No one saw him. He didn't even attend the funeral.

The country was angry, but not as much as they were scared.

"Jungkook!" The mentioned hero looked back at his trainer while breathing heavily. He had been punching ruthlessly at the training dummy for quite some time now. What had gained the trainer's attention was how loud, how strong Jungkook was punching.

"What?!" The rest of heroes in the training hall stopped what they were doing and looked at the agitated brunette in disbelief.

"Outside! Now!" The Zeus trainer was not happy with the younger's behaviour and gestured for him to get out and wait for her to talk to him.

Clenching his jaw, he threw a final punch at the dummy to let out more of his anger before making his way to the double doors and leaving.

Jungkook had been like this since he returned from the hospital. Taehyung couldn't be there to be by his side as he was busy dealing with the hero council and becoming a new Protector.

Jungkook has returned to his old self.

The old self that he thought was gone.

"What is the matter with you?!" The trainer yelled at the copy hero as soon as she left the hall.

"Like you care" he retaliated while glaring daggers at the older.

"Of course I care! I'm your trainer for Zeus' sake!" She watched as Jungkook continued to not believe her and avert his eyes from her.

"I was doing what I was supposed to be doing - training"

"...I'm dismissing you for the whole week" this made the brunette whip his head in his trainer's direction.

"Dismissing me?! For what?!"

"You need more time to heal-"

"I'm fine! I was discharged because the doctor said I was alright-"

"I'm talking about healing mentally" she interrupted. Jungkook was taken aback and he had no response to give.

"...you were there, on the front lines. Of course you were going to get some type of trauma. Everyone does" the boy looked uncomfortable as he knew the woman had figured him out.

"...what do you know? You'd never understand what it's like to be a hero" he was about to walk off when his trainer's voice mad him halt.

"I was a hero, too" surprised, Jungkook looked back at the serious trainer and squinted his eyes in uncertainty.

"You were... a hero?"

"I was, yes. But I had to retire" she replied with a distant look in her eyes. The hero could tell she was telling the truth and wanted to know the reason why she was no longer a hero. She was in ber early thirties so she was still fit enough to become a hero... so why wasn't she?

"...why did you retire?"

"I... witnessed my trainer's death. I was a new recruit then and I froze on the spot when one villain had broken in to one of our training halls... and my trainer pushed me out of the way and the villain took his life instead of mine... I became a trainer to carry on his dream of helping heroes since I was the one who took his dream away..." Jungkook had no words. He was beyond speechless and he felt extremely guilty for what he had said to his trainer.

"...so I do understand the feeling of being helpless, Jungkook. But what I don't understand is that you're just beating yourself down and doing nothing to change it!" He was taken aback.

What was he doing? This isn't the Jungkook he knew of, the Jungkook he was proud of. Sure, his troublesome ways were not something he could boast about but that's who he was.

A troublesome boy who wanted to prove himself to the world. And how was he going to get their attention?

Easy.

Cause more trouble than ever before.

"...I'm going to do something" he announced while clenching his fists.

"What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to be a Protector"

_______________________________________

A/n: HE'S CHANGED HIS MIND GUYS👏👏👏👏👏👏