75

"Swim a mountain,
climb an ocean"

- Hrvy

_______________________________________

---------------------3 years ago--------------------

"Oh wow, you're so cool!"

"I wish I had your powers!"

"You'll definitely become famous!" The smug hero ushered for everyone to lower their voices and to step away from him.

"This is nothing, you should see me when the sun is at it's highest" Jin boasted before walking past his co-heroes and towards the training hall exit.

The heroes behind him were fascinated by his abilities, never seeing such a power great as his before.

Jin knew that he was great, he wasn't putting up an act or faking his feelings.

However, it wasn't because of his powers, it was because of the hard work he had put in when he would secretly train at night time.

He believed that he would have excelled in any power that was given to him, because he would have worked hard to boast about it.

Jin knew that there were heroes, who had more experience than him, who envied him and were quick to judge him. They all thought he was a lucky hero who had managed to get a strong power right off the bat.

They were wrong.

His powers may be strong now but they were nothing in the beginning.

He worked his way up to control his powers and fortunately for him, his parents owned a lot of green land where he could practice his powers.

That's why he was so confident.

That's why he always boasted.

That's why he saw himself to be better than others.

Because he worked hard for the powers he had today.

"Morning!" A female trainer greeted the purple haired hero. He knew this trainer was fairly new to the company but he had seen her before with his trainer where she learnt from the sidelines on how to do her job.

If he remembered correctly, they were mother and daughter.

In response, he nodded in respect before heading to the lunch hall.

The room was already filled to the brim with heroes who had came down to have their awaited dinner.

The hero groaned internally after seeing that there was hardly any space for him to sit.

"I guess vending machine food it is" turning around on his heel, Jin made his way back out and headed to the nearest vending machine.

This wasn't his first time to not eat the cafeteria food and he had preferred the silence he got when eating outside in one of the company's outdoor parks.

It was summer time in Korea and he had loved this season the most. He didn't know whether it was because of general preference or because of his powers but he didn't care to find out.

After getting a sandwich, a drink and an orange, the tired hero made his way out to the said park located out front of the building.

The locals who were already in the park were starting to leave back home. Parents returning back home with their children, couples saying goodbye after having their dates, old women saying goodbye to the birds that they were feeding - that was the general atmosphere around Eros.