20

------------

------------

Previously on 'Who We Are'

------------

"Well, Y/N... I'm going to ask you the same question I asked him" confused, you looked at your mother before returning your gaze back at the man in front of you.

"...will you join the new Protectors?"

_______________________________________

"He asked what?!"

"Namjoon, lower your voice" you tried to calm the other and regretted telling him what Mr. Kang had asked you.

"Is he out of his mind?! Asking you to join the Protectors when you clearly need time to heal- both physically and mentally?!" You had wished your mother was here to stop Namjoon from pacing around the room and yelling his frustration out.

"It doesn't matter anyway. I said no" you had your reasons to reject the offer. You weren't ready before and you were definitely not ready now.

Mr. Kang continued his attempt of persuasion but it had got to the point of you breaking down in tears at the thought of replacing Taemin.

"Don't ever let him peer pressure you in to joining- or anything for that matter!" The ice hero finally stopped his fit of rage and plopped himself at the foot of your bed while looking at you in shock.

"I know, Namjoon... please, just calm down" you watched as he sighed and tried to relax his body while removing any bad thoughts.

"I'm sorry, it's just-... don't they have any sympathy for you?" The both of you stayed silent for an short moment as you waited for the other to calm down fully.

"...how was the meeting then?" You had found out the reason why the Athena hero didn't come yesterday.

"It could have been better but it's over and done with now. They're going to send us to Jeju to test us" it was a disaster, but he wasn't going to tell you that.

"Oh, test for what?"

"To see if we can work together well to join the new Protectors" you nodded in acknowledgment, understanding the reason behind their tests.

"...Please don't start up fights, I know what you're like" raising a brow at you, the other could only chuckle darkly before responding.

"I don't start fights, I finish them" rolling your eyes at his typical answer, you decided to drop the subject.

"Who else was at the meeting?"

"Taehyung and Yoongi came along. That lucky hero was also there with that stuck up plant princess" this reminded you of Jin's visit and how called Namjoon ice king.

"You and Jin are so similar in the worst way possible"

"Pfft, me? Similar to him? Don't make me laugh" sulking slightly, you tried to think positive about them and hoped that they would put their differences aside to save the country. Namjoon noticed your sudden change in mood and he bit his lip in guilt.

"...If it will make you happy, I'll try my best not to cause unnecessary trouble with him" this made you smile slightly at his successful attempt of cheering you up.

"Thank you..." suddenly, you remembered your conversation that you had yesterday with your mother about the male in front of you which made you blush immensely.

"Are you okay? Is your fever acting up again?! I'll go get a nurse-" you grabbed on to his arm to stop him which in turn, also made him blush at the contact.

"N-no! I'm f-fine, really..." both of you avoided eye contact as it was too much already with just the thought of the other being so close.

"Say, err... Namjoon. You don't happen to have... feelings for someone?" The Athena hero whipped his head round in shock at what you said all of a sudden and tried to cover his expression with fake coughs.

"Kuh! What?! Err, where did you get that idea from?" Have I been found out?, he thought nervously.

"My Mum said that she could tell you had feelings for someone, but her powers must be acting up again. You're way too busy being a hero...right?" Mentally, you wanted the other to say that he did not have feelings for someone.

"Me? F-feelings? I don't have time for that..." his throat became dry and he wasn't prepared for this moment at all. It was funny, he had been trained for sudden attacks from strong villains at anytime, anywhere... but he couldn't even handle himself in this situation.

His answer was expected. But why did you feel disheartened?

"R-right? My Mum must have been joking around..." the blonde sighed internally that he had managed to convince you and he made a mental note to speak to your mother.

"...do you... have feelings for someone?" It was your turn to fake cough.

"W-what? Me? Pfft, no..." Namjoon could tell you were nervous and that you were clearly lying to yourself. This had only made him wonder, who could it be?

Memories of Jungkook using his powers on you to fall for him entered his mind and his blood boiled. The brunette did apologise and said he wouldn't do it again, but why did Namjoon not trust his words?

Suddenly, the door opened to reveal a man in his late forties.

"Dad!" It had been ages since you last saw him since he had to go take care of his music shop but promised he would come back. Your mother had to leave back to work since she had been off for two weeks now.

"Hello, dear. Namjoon?" Your father was surprised to see the hero with you since he had saw him constantly all over the news. He didn't know Namjoon like the way his wife did but he trusted her judgement and decided to also trust him.

"Hello Mr. L/N. I hope you're doing well since I last saw you" Namjoon hardly knew the man but if he was Mrs. L/N's husband- if he was your Dad, he knew that he had to respect him more than any of his superiors at work.

"I've been nothing but busy. Thank you for looking after my daughter" the hero smiled thinly before taking the hint to leave.

"I should get going. It was nice seeing you Mr. L/N... I'll see you soon, Y/N" your heart sank at the thought of Namjoon leaving you but you knew that he had places to be and that he would definitely come see you again.

"Bye, Namjoon" you watched him leave and when he finally left, your father raised a brow in your direction.

"...still not your boyfriend?"

"Dad!"

_______________________________________

A/n: Dads eh?🙄🤣