90

"When the lights go out and we open our eyes,
Out there in the silence,
I'll be gone"

- Linkin Park

_______________________________________

His mother stood there in shock. All of her hard work on trying to raise her son to be the person she desperately wanted him to be had flown out the window like it didn't matter.

"...Kim SeokJin. This is your final warning. If you do not leave this place I will not hesitate to call the hero council and make sure that they revoke your hero licence" Jin's mouth fell agape. He knew that she had the power to do that since she had invested so much in to the hero council that they wouldn't let one hero ruin it all.

If she asked, they would do it. Without hesitation.

"...so it's come down to this. To threatening each other" Mrs. Kim crossed her arms as she watched her son stand up slowly, towering over her as he did so.

"You will leave me no choice but to do it if you don't come with me now" the both of them didn't back away from their glare war, making sure not to show the other their vulnerability.

"Jaeho!" Jin yelled, scaring everyone slightly at the sudden volume change.

"Y-yeah?" He called from the top of the stairs.

"Get the hero council on the phone" you looked up to see that Jaeho was extremely confused and decided to come down to see Jin for himself.

"What do you mean get them on the phone?"

"I finally have a wish that they can fulfill" the other heroes looked at one another once they realised that Jin's condition to join the Protectors was to have his wish granted at anytime and anywhere. But what wish was he going to make?

"...Jin, I don't know if you're serio-"

"Get them on the phone!" Quickly, Jaeho ran over to the telephone located on the living room wall and speed dialled the hero council HQ.

After a few rings, the secretary who had met them before answered.

"...here" the trainer offered after hearing the woman's voice through the phone.

Without fraying his menacing eyes away from his mother, he grabbed the phone harshly and brought it to his ear.

"Hello?"

"Is this the hero council?"

"Yes, this is the president's secretary speaking. Who am I speaking to?"

"Kim Seokjin and do you remember about my wish?"

"Ah yes, have you made a decision?"

"Yes. My wish is to..." he leaned closer to make sure that his mother would hear every word.

"...marry Y/N L/N"

...what?!, you thought before running down the stair case to enter the living room. The plant hero didn't look away from his mother as he awaited for the secretary's response before putting the phone on speaker mode.

"Hmm, it does go against a few laws of ours but a promise is a promise. I will start creating the legal documents"

You didn't look away from the plant hero and your body felt numb. You didn't know what was happening, it was too unbelievable to feel like it wasn't a dream.

He finally noticed that you were in the room, his eyes changed from hateful to apologetic in a matter of seconds once he realised what he had done. He didn't take your feelings in to account once again.

But right now that wasn't important to him.

Since he will make it up to you by making you fall for him and love him back.

Mrs. Kim grabbed her head when she felt a headache coming, her mind couldn't process this new information and she might even faint.

But her anger towards you was much stronger than her will to fall unconscious.

She whipped her head your way and instantly marched over to you with her hand in the air, ready to smack you across the face.

You were still fixated on Jin to notice the angered woman coming your way but a pair of cold arms had brought you back to reality and you realised that someone had moved you behind them.

Looking up, you saw the blonde hero standing and protecting you from Jin's mother while the Eros hero had controlled the nearby houseplants to wrap themselves around his mother's wrist to stop her from hitting you.

"You cunning snake! You tricked my son!" You felt breathless as you heard the woman insult you. However, her words did nothing to you- nothing compared to what Jin did.

The plant hero picked his mother up with the help from the plants and controlled them to bring her towards him.

"Get. Out. And never come back" he threatened before letting her go. By this time, her makeup had already been ruined by her tears and her hair was truly a mess. Her true colours were showing.

"...you'll regret marrying her. Wait until your father hears about this" grabbing her purse, she manoeuvred her way around the couch, passing you and Namjoon on the way but she had made sure to glare at you as she did so.

She then entered the hallway and finally made her way out with the door slamming shut behind her.

The condo was silent and the heroes from upstairs finally came down to see it for themselves.

"What have you done?" Jin looked away in guilt, not wanting to answer Namjoon's question so soon.

"Have you lost your mind?!" Once again, the ice hero yelled.

"...I'm sorry, Y/N... I didn't want it to end like this" and with that he ran off to the back and summoned the tree branches to lift him and take him somewhere far, anywhere but here.

You were so confused about everything.

But you were certain of one thing.

And that was to talk to Jin.

_______________________________________

A/n: oh Jin 🥺 why🥺