63

A/n: another attempt?

_______________________________________

-------------------------Seoul------------------------

"Gibe... givvveee meeeee anoth- another drink!"

"I'm sorry man, I'm cutting you off for the rest of the night-" Jiyong slammed his fist down on the wooden bar before glaring at the barista.

"I'm paying you- *hiccup* you shouldn't be cutting me off!" The male barista rolled his eyes at the drunk hero before walking off to serve other customers.

The fire breather clenched his fists in anger before hitting the table one more time and leaving the night bar.

No one in the bar had known it was their past Protector Gdragon who had been drinking alongside them all this time.

He looked unrecognisable.

His face was so pale from the lack of food he was eating instead of the usually warm hue that came from his powers.

Jiyong looked rough like he didn't take care of his body- which was expected of anyone who lost their best friend.

Taemin was the first friend he made in Korea and he considered him a brother.

He was always there for him when he felt like the world was against him and especially when his parents would tell him to come back to Australia to carry on their family business.

The Zeus Protector's family were very mellow and they owned a book store. No one would believe how many times he had accidentally set fire to the book store but when they'd see that the books were all protected by glass casings, they would start to believe.

Jiyong had a mediocre life back in Australia; he had a few friends, a loving family, an average goal in life and he was happy.

Or so he thought.

He wanted to be more than Jiyong from Australia who's parents owned a bookstore - he wanted to be GDragon who saved the world.

Technically, he didn't become a hero to save lives. He just wanted to fight some villains and get some action in his life.

Jiyong looked up at the stars in the night sky. It had been a while since the sky cleared up from the usual dark grey clouds that would cast over the city. If you asked him what day it was he would most likely not know as he really didn't care to keep track of time.

The hero would only do two things during the day anyway - visit Taemin's grave and stay in the local bars.

He's been kicked out of many and there were only a few now that would accept him.

As he walked past a bus stop, he noticed his face on a poster, making him look closer and with his drunk mind, he tried to read.

'Make way for the newer, better and STRONGER Protectors!'

Clenching his jaw, he grabbed at the poster and began ripping it to shreds.

This country loved him once.

They adored the Protectors.

But why were they were so quick to replace them?

To replace Jiyong?

"Gah! Stupid people! Stupid country! Stupid hero council!" It wasn't fair. All of them had worked so hard to get to where they were, but look at them now.

They were emotionally wrecked and one of them died.

And what does the country do? Push them off to the side and replace them.

"They know nothing... the hard work we put in... the pain we have to go through when one of us goes... BUT THEY REPLACE US LIKE ITS NOTHING!" Jiyong knew better than to use his powers in anger, he had been trained for many years to not let his anger take control but he couldn't help it.

He began burning the bus stop to a crisp and thank Zeus no one was around to watch since it was so late at night.

But, there was someone.

Watching from across the street.

His mask hid his smirk really well.

_______________________________________

A/n: 😭I'm scared