71

"I only love you when you don't love me.
So why do you love me?"

- Charlotte Lawrence

_______________________________________

----------------------8 years ago-------------------

"Jhope! Let me copy your homework!"

"I need to pass this subject!"

"Me too!" The sixteen year old Hoseok rose his hand to silence everyone surrounding his desk with their homework.

"Guys, of course I'll let you copy my homework..." everyone's expressions immediately brightened.

"...the highest bidder gets my homework!" And just like that, the classroom went in to a frenzy.

Two friends sat in the corner of class room and were watching with disapproval looks.

"I can't believe this, just because all his guesses are luckily right he gets good grades and money"

"The teachers should do something about this" the other friend added before clicking his tongue in annoyance.

"30,000 won? 40,000 won? Going once, going twice...Sold to the kid with the glasses!" Hoseok exclaimed loudly while everyone else groaned in defeat as they watched the kid with glasses run off with the homework.

"Excuse me, can I get to my chair?" A familiar voice spoke up from the crowd as they tried to push their way through to the seat in front of the lucky student.

Hoseok recognised this person to be his best friend since middle school, Ji-Woon.

"Why are you so late? Don't tell me you went to go see your girlfriend at her school?" He joked as he watched the other sit in front of him after the crowd finally dispersed.

"She will be my girlfriend! The universe will definitely be on my side!" Ji-Woon stated confidently. Hoseok knew that his best friend had no trouble at winning over girl's hearts, he was very handsome afterall and he had a personality to match.

However, this girl who went to an all girl's school across the road was known for her angelic beauty and melodic voice.

Every school within a three mile radius knew of her and every guy wanted to date her, especially Ji-Woon.

Hoseok was also popular with the ladies. He wasn't sure if it was because of his good looks or good Luck, it might even be both.

"Whatever, she doesn't even know you exist" the dark haired student said before looking outside the window momentarily.

His eyes caught a huge crowd making their way into the school grounds and past the entrance gates.

"I'm sure she does! Who doesn't know me? All the girl's here have asked me out so that makes me a prodigy, right?" Once he realised that his best friend wasn't paying him any attention, Ji-Woon turned to see what Hoseok was looking at and he had figured why he was distracted.

"What are they crowding around?" The crowd made it difficult to see who was in the middle as they continued making their way over to the school building.

Suddenly, the crowd dispersed a little and standing there was none other than the infamous girl from the school across the road.

Both of the boys stood up from the chairs to get a closer look through the window, not believing their eyes for a second.

"Oh my-" the said girl noticed the two boys who were gazing at her in awe before lifting her hand and urged at one of them specifically to come down.

However, because of the distance, it was difficult to say who she had pointed at and Ji-Woon's mind had already processed that it was him.

"She's pointing at me! She wants to see me, Jhope! She knows me!" And with that, he wasted no time to run out of the classroom and make his way to the aforementioned girl.

Wanting to see it for himself, Hoseok followed right after his best friend and the ground floor while making sure to not lose sight of him as they finally made it outside.

The crowd had doubled from then on and students who were still inside the building were all around the windows to watch the scene before them.

"Ha-Won!" Ji-Woon yelled from the building's entrance. The girl looked over at the boy before smiling widely and making her way over.

He couldn't believe it, the girl of his dreams was coming straight for him. He didn't know what for but he knew deep down that it was a confession.

"Ha-Won... you won't believe how long I have been waiting for this!" Ji-Woon stated confidently, watching her get closer and her smile becoming wider.

"Just know, that whatever you're going to say, I'm saying y-" just as he thought she was going to stop in front of him, Ha-Won instead walked past him and in to the building.

Everyone was so confused at what was happening and the students inside wished they were on ground level to see what was going to happen next.

Ji-Woon slowly turned around only to see Hoseok standing there in shock as the girl stood in front of him.

"Hello, Hoseok... I've heard so much about you" she softly spoke. Hoseok couldn't deny it, she was truly beautiful but that didn't stop his thoughts of questioning why she was talking to him.

"...will you go out with me?" And that was it, the crowd of students were squealing and screaming in response. None of them saw this coming, especially Ji-Woon who watched everything unfold before him.

"You...want to go out...with me?" Ha-Won nodded before giggling at his reaction. Hoseok was beyond confused, surely there had to be a mistake.

"Are you sure you haven't mistaken me for my friend, Ji-Woon?" He said before pointing behind her at his best friend.

Curiously, she turned around to see who he was gesturing to and saw the mentioned boy who quickly smiled at the girl, hoping that she had got it wrong.

"Hmmm no? I don't even know his name" Heart. Break.

"I heard that you're the handsome guy with luck powers that everyone is talking about... so I want to date you" it was clear that this girl always had the mindset of 'if I want, I get'. Hoseok didn't even think about this becoming a possibility but then again, his powers were unpredictable.

Looking up at his friend, Ji-Woon was going through a lot of emotions; sadness, heartache, emotionless and finally anger. He was angry at his best friend.

"...You always get the best things in life, right Hoseok?" Shocked, the lucky student didn't even know how to respond, not knowing if his friend was truly angry with him.

"You always get the best grades, everyone wants to be your friend, all the hero academies are willing to pay for your tuition and now you're getting my first love" it broke Hoseok's heart to hear his best friend speak about him like so. He had thought that he had finally found a friend that overlooked his powers and saw him for what he truly was.

But obviously, that wasn't the case.

"Congrats on the confession..." he said whilst turning around but he spoke out one last thing before leaving.

"Oh, and I'm pretty sure of it now. Your powers isn't to be lucky...

...but it's to give others bad luck"

_______________________________________

A/n: it's not Jhope's fault 😔