62

A/n: crossed fingers that Wattpad isn't being buggy...

*doesn't load gif*

Damnnit!

I can only upload images I guess😔

Here's another photoshop attempt instead!

------------

Previously on 'Who We Are'

------------

"Get back here you coward!" Jungkook growled out.

"So long and farew-" all of a sudden, the sound of a pan hitting filled everyone's ears as they watched Boss fall unconscious to the ground.

Behind where the gang leader once stood was a silhouette holding up a pan.

"....Y/N?!"

______________________________________

"You guys didn't have to come and pick me up... but I appreciate it" you thanked the two trainers sitting across from you at the table.

"Of course we had to come! I'm not going to let my best friend get the ship to Jeju all by herself" Myunghee stated while gesturing through the ship's window and at the upcoming island.

"I was so happy to get that call from Mr. Kang about you joining the Protectors- I mean, I still can't believe you're actually here!" Jaeho exclaimed this time, leaning back in his cushioned chair and crossing his arms.

Since Jungkook had his flight already booked, he had to leave a little earlier than you while you met up with Mr. Kang. Your boss was so ecstatic to hear about your reconsidered response, he immediately called up the hero council to inform them.

Mr. Kang had also told you about the hero council willing to accept any wager you throw at them and since you didn't really think about it much, you told them to hold it off until you had one in mind.

Your parents were very supportive after telling them over the phone.

Your mother was slightly apprehensive since you had just got out of the hospital but then she thought this might be good for your mental health.

"Thanks guys. Are you two sure that it was a good idea to not let the others know about your 'sudden disappearance'?" you quoted with your fingers.

"We're not their parents, they shouldn't be depending on us anyway. Plus, this might be a good opportunity for them to work together and find us" Myunghee scowled at the thought of them all not working together and looking past their differences.

"That bad, huh... I don't understand why they're like that. There must be a solution to all of this" determined to help, you began thinking of ways to solve the lack of team work.

"If there is a solution to all of this, it's hidden pretty well" Jaeho sighed out.

Myunghee suddenly clicked her fingers before pointing at you, making her gain your attention.

"What's the story? How did you decide to become a Protector all of a sudden?" Both trainers leaned in closer, wanting to hear the reason as to how you changed your mind.

You bit your lip at the memory of Taemin filling your thoughts but before your emotions could take over, you realised that you were doing all of this because of the healer.

There was no more time to cry since now you had the job to carry on his story.

"...let's just say when the clouds opened up and sun shined right through, I was convinced to join" you smiled warmly while the two looked at you in confusion.

Before either of them could say anything, the boat rocked hard, making all three of you hold on to the table tightly.

"Woah! What was that?!" The Athena trainer yelled out of surprise. Not wasting any time, you looked out the circled windows and saw a huge sea creature near the docks along with several people on the port.

"Guys! There's something going on out there!" You warned the two who were already up on the feet and running over to the entrance.

"They have Jungkook and Jimin!" Jaeho exclaimed after looking out the open windows.

"They're heading on the ship! We need to get them" Myunghee took charge before looking around for an idea. Realisation hit her once her eyes travelled to Jaeho's scared figure.

"Jaeho!"

"What?!"

"Shape shift in to something useful!"

"What?! You know I can't control what I change in to!" Youw watched silently from the sidelines at the two bickering trainers, worried that you guys didn't have a plan yet.

"Just do it! I believe in you!"

"I told you! I can't-" having had enough of hearing the other deny, Myunghee stomped her foot on his, making him yell out in pain and finally transform in to something.

Both you and Myunghee looked down at Jaeho- or rather, a black pan.

"...at least it's a weapon?" You tried to make the situation positive as much as possible.

"You use Jaeho and I'll use this chair"

"Use them... for what?" Wary of what your best friend was insinuating, you watched as she grabbed a nearby chair and walked over to the side of the door where the villains would be walking in from.

"To surprise attack them- come over here quickly, Y/N!" Wasting no time in scurrying over, you hid on the other side of the door and both you and Myunghee stayed silent as you heard the footsteps get louder.

The first villain walked in- BAM!

Second villain saw his gang member on the floor and- BAM!

The third villain finally stepped in to the room- BAM!

The fourth villain- BAM!

Both of you were panting at the amount of force you had to use, especially you since it was not that long after your discharge.

"It was fun playing with you, heroes" you looked up from the unconscious villains and saw a middle aged male standing at the door way smugly while facing upwards.

"Get back here you coward!" That was Jungkook's voice!

"So long and farew-" you didn't hold back on the swing as you hit the back of the villain's head with Jaeho. As he fell, your silhouette became visible to the outside world and you finally looked up at the captured heroes.

"...Y/N?!" Both of them exclaimed in pure shock.

"Hehehe... Hey?"

_______________________________________

A/N: yes, Jaeho was the pan 🤣