34

_______________________________________

--------------------19 years ago-------------------

"Da-Eun!"

"Yoongi!" The siblings cheered at one another when the little boy finished his school day. He ran towards her while trying not trip or drop his school bag as a huge grin stretched on his face.

He was excited to play with his older sister.

"Look what I got!" After slowing down to a halt, Yoongi rummahed through his pockets and took out a lollipop.

"I won this in the quiz!" Da-Eun showed an amazed expression as she pinched her younger brother's cheek.

"Well done! Let's go and show Mum!" She then gestured for him to hold her hand to which, he happily did.

Unbeknownst to the five year old, parents were staring at them with disapproval looks.

Da-Eun could feel all the stares on her and in that moment in time, she was very used to it. It wasn't because of how she looked or the way she talked, it was because of her powers.

They had all found out through their children who all found out through Yoongi. The parents weren't happy that a psychic user was in such proximity to their children.

It wasn't just the parents all around her, but her own parents too.

Even though they reassured her that they trusted her and they would love her unconditionally, they began acting differently towards her.

The mind controller noticed this first when she had a small argument with her father and he had looked at her with pure fear. He was scared that she might use her powers on him.

Da-Eun would never. She wasn't that type of person.

"Da-Eun? Why did we stop?" Coming back to reality, she realised that she had stopped them just outside the school.

"Oh, sorry Yoongi! Let's hurry on home!" The boy smiled brightly at her before he began sucking on his prized lollipop.

Chuckling to herself at the cute reaction, Da-Eun guided her brother to the left and walked on the clean pavement.

On the other side of the road was her school. Fortunately for her brother, her school was only around the corner which had meant she could pick up her brother most of the time.

She watched as her school mates were leaving to go home. A group of friends were at the front of the school gate and one of them had noticed Da-Eun before notifying the others. They all looked in her direction before whispering to one another.

She wasn't dumb. She knew they were talking about her.

Suddenly, they all began making their way over to her by crossing the road. They didn't look they were coming over to say hi.

"Da-Eun! We just got our test results back" slowing down to a halt, she moved her brother behind her.

"W-we did?"

"Yeah and you got the top grades again! Isn't that weird?" Another classmate spoke up. There were about five of them surrounding the siblings.

"Da-Eun... I want to go home" Yoongi whined in fear from behind his older sister.

"I studied for it just like I did for my other exams..." she didn't know where this conversation was heading.

"Uhuh, 'studied'. Cut the crap, Da-Eun. You used your powers to mind control the teacher to change your grade!" Seeing that they were going to be hostile, the mind controller held her brother closer.

"I didn't! I swear!"

"'I swear~' pfft, shut up. How dare you act like the victim here" they all started to close in on the Min siblings.

"Go away!" Yoongi yelled at one of them who was going most of the talking before throwing his lollipop at them which had hit their forehead.

"Ow! That motherf-" seeing that this was her chance to run, she lifted her brother with difficulty and began running all the way home.

The group were chasing after her and were obviously gaining in on her. She had to think quick. After turning a corner, she saw two rubbish bins outside someone's house right next to one another and she saw this as a good hiding spot.

"Yoongi, stay here, okay? I'll come back to get you" Da-Eun reassured while placing him inbetween the bins.

"No! I want to come-"

"No, Yoongi! Stay here!"

"There she is!" Whipping her head to the left, she saw the group tailing her and she saw this as her que to leave.

"I promise, I'll come back!" And with that, she ran. Yoongi was about to chase after her when suddenly the group from before rushed past and scared him back in to his hiding spot.

Hugging his legs, he could only shed tears and cry for his sister's safety.

"D-Da-Eun... please c-come soon" he whimpered out.

She didn't come back for him. She couldn't.

Since the ambulance had to take her away.

The memory of his sister in hospital being badly beat up will never leave his mind.

Never.

_______________________________________

A/n: 🥺🥺