123

"I wanna believe that I can breathe through it all"

- tyDi

_______________________________________

"I'm pretty sure I saw it in my room..."

"What are you mumbling about now?" Myunghee pointed out while emptying her wardrobe of clothes, not bothering to fold them as she threw them in the suitcase.

"The book that the president gave me... I'm sure I threw it on my bed when I first came here..."

"Maybe you're just imagining things. Plus, its only a book, I'm sure he can buy another one" you were about to correct her about how it wasn't just any book but decided against it since it would take a long time to explain.

The trainers have decided to set the morning to packing since their flight was late in the afternoon.

Everyone was busy bustling around the condo, trying to find their things and getting ready to leave the island.

You couldn't believe that only a week had passed since you arrived on Jeju.

So much has happened and you really couldn't imagine what your life was going to be like now.

You're only one step away from being a Protector.

"I've just realised..." you breathed out, gaining your best friend's attention once more.

"What?"

"That we might not be able to see eachother as much anymore" this made Myunghee stop what she was doing before turning around to face you.

Her face fell once she too realised that the sister she had always wanted was going to become a national hero.

Growing up as the only daughter (as well as the youngest) did have it's perks sometimes; being the favourite one, parents being more lenient than usual, having older brothers to protect you...

But Myunghee always wished to have a sister. Her brothers didn't really let her play with them, saying that she was too weak to handle their games and if she got hurt then their parents will surely be infuriated.

Thankfully for the trainer, her wish came true when you moved in with her family during high school.

You two were inseparable and many people in the school really thought that you two were related.

"...oh come here!" Your eyes widened when the girl suddenly pounced on you to give you a hug as you fell back on her comfy bed.

Her hold might have been tight but you didn't care as you hugged her back even tighter.

"You better visit me!"

"You better not forget about me!" You two began laughing but soon tears started to seep out, making others think if you were laughing or crying.

"You guys are weird" the both of you turned to see Jaeho standing at the door way but you two quickly returned to your messy laughing/crying.

The Athena trainer's lips frowned and he too felt the tears pricking his eyes.

"...you better not die out there, Y/N!" And just like that, you had two people squishing you on the bed with heartfelt hugs.

You could only hope that the others wouldn't join you, wanting functioning limbs and all.

"Alright alright, you two knock it off now! My ribs!" You forced your way out of the prison of hugs, finally standing up right in the room while trying to catch your breath.