7

_______________________________________

---------------------6 years ago--------------------

"Hey! My name is Y/N! What's your name?" You asked with urgency. The honey blonde male in front of you chuckled at your enthusiasm but returned the same energy nonetheless.

"I'm Taemin! It's nice to meet you, Y/N" he introduced himself while offering his hand to you. You gladly accepted the gesture and shook his hand excitedly. It was the opening ceremony for the first years who have been accepted to the academy and have been assigned to classes.

You were put in the top class because of your well earned grades and also because of your abilities.

"Where did you come from, Taemin?" You kept watch at the stage to see if the ceremony was going to start soon or not and you saw this chance to make friends while you waited.

"I'm from Sokcho in Gangwon, what about you?"

"I'm from Seoul so not that far from here" the academy was located in Hanam which was only across the waters from Seoul. Since you had lived with Myunghee's family for the last few years of high school, you decided it was finally time for you to move in to your own place.

Myunghee had to stay in Seoul where her mother worked so that she could take an apprenticeship from her to become a hero trainer. The whole family were in tears on moving day, especially Myunghee.

"You're so lucky, I had to move into accommodations" any houses, apartments or dorms that were offered by the academy were always in bad shape, everyone knew that.

"I also moved into accommodations! Which building are you in?"

"Waterside, what about you?"

"Me too! What floor?" You exclaimed.

"Fifth floor"

"Same!" You looked at each other skeptically before Taemin spoke up.

"Let's say our room numbers at the same time, okay?" You nodded your head before counting down with you fingers.

"...7!"

"8!" Your eyes widened at what he said and as did he. We're next door to each other?!, you thought.

"This is funny, what a coincidence?" He laughed. While you two were in the midst of laughing, a commotion was coming your way.

"Move. Excuse me. Coming through- Minny!" Looking up, you saw a beautiful girl with short brown hair. You noticed her red lipstick that popped out in colour as well as her huge fur coat that went down to her knees.

The gorgeous woman walked in front of you with a glare that could kill even the strongest of men.

"Move" raising your brow at her order, you refused to budge and instead questioned back.

"Why? This my seat"

"I don't care, it's my seat now" you couldn't believe what you were hearing.

"Hyori, you can't do that. It's her seat" Taemin spoke up to the girl. Once you've established that Hyori was her name, you looked back at the boy beside you and wondered how they knew each other.

"Ugh, but Minny~ I want to sit next to you" she pouted while trying to act cute. This only made you gag internally as you watched the scene before you.

"We can sit next to each other in class. Go and find your seat, the ceremony is about to start" you were confused on how unfazed he was about this woman and how he knew how to handle her.

"...hmph! Fine..." turning around, she pushed back through and proceeded to go and find her seat.

"...what just happened?" Taemin chuckled at your confusion.

"That was Hyori, we've been best friends since we were little" you ah'd in realisation. She was a strange character indeed, and you were sure there were going to be others who are as strange as her in your year.

"Ahh, well... she seems... nice?" He chuckled once more.

"You don't have to hold it in. She's the craziest person I know" your eyes widened at his bold statement.

"...but I know the true her, the one that's hiding under all that craziness" he smiled warmly at the thought of Hyori in the past.

You were surprised to see him compliment his friend like that, but he did mention being friends for so long with her.

"...I'll just trust your judgement then. If a guy like you sees the good in her, then I believe you"

"Thanks, I appreciate that"

"No problem, neighbour"

_______________________________________