66

"And there's nothing I can't say at all, you can't hold my heart no more"

- Monsta X

_______________________________________

--------------------18 years ago-------------------

"W-where are we going?"

"Don't be scared, Yoongi! We're just going to see if you have a power or not" Da-Eun reassured her little brother who sat beside her in the back of the car while her parents were upfront with her mother driving the said car.

"Yes, baby! Maybe we'll find out if you have powers!" His mother cheered after momentarily looking at the rear view mirror at her anxious son.

The Hero council had called for everyone to get examined for their powers in their local council branch. They didn't specify why now but they said it was to update their records of everyone because of the new database software they were updating throughout the country.

It seemed plausible.

The Min family decided to go in the weekend when neither of the children had school and when the parents weren't as busy.

"We can go get ice cream after this!" The father cheered from the front seat after turning his body to face his two children.

He was very proud to call them his children; Yoongi only just turning seven and Da-Eun being thirteen.

The parents were part of a few in the world who didn't have powers. It wasn't strange that they didn't have powers since the reason was that they didn't have such a life changing experience until now.

It didn't mean that they could no longer get powers, they could still have that life changing moment later on in life.

"Alright, we're here guys. Don't start wondering off like last time, okay?" Their mother warned after parking their car and unbuckling her seat belt.

The children nodded before stepping out the car with their parents and.began making their way inside the quaint council building.

There were many people there already as the whole city needed to be checked within a month so everyone thought it would be better to get it over and done with.

"There's a long queue..." Mr. Min sighed out while scratching his head exasperatedly.

"Excuse me! Are you all a family?" A woman in office wear chirped as she made her way over from the building's entrance.

"Ah, yes we are. Where does the queue end?" Mrs. Min asked while placing both of her hands on her children's heads.

"For families, there are no queues! Just step this way and we can get you guys examined quickly" the parents were glad to hear that they didn't need to wait long to get examined and they followed the worker along with their children beside them.

As they made their way in, they knew that they were in the right place since they had been there before to register themselves as power-less citizens.

"Your children are adorable by the way!" The woman cooed as she eyed the children while walking. Yoongi and Da-Eun simply smiled back in respect as they followed silently with the boy holding on tightly to his sister's hand.

"Thank you! I just hoped that my adorable children would be spending their weekend doing something else" their mother sighed out before looking at her children apologetically.