40

------------

------------

Previously on 'Who We Are'

------------

"Oh and Jungkook" turning around, he awaited for Namjoon to say what he wanted to say.

"...I want you to come back. So give it everything you got" for the first time, the elemental smiled at the younger who in response smirked playfully.

"I'll give everything I got and a bit more"

_______________________________________

Jungkook would never have thought he would be back in Athena to see his brother. Step brother.

He had managed to get to his flight and arrive safely in Daegu. He had only wished that his flight was more than just a couple of hours.

However, he did have time to reflect on his past with Seonghwa.

Seonghwa may have been a little naive when trying to become like family with Jungkook but he had good intentions.

It was still a surprise for the brunette to have found out that the shape shifter knew about his favourite heroes and that he still remembered to this day.

Sitting in Athena's lobby, Jungkook played with his fingers anxiously as he waited for Seonghwa to come.

In the distance, the shape shifter was running through the halls until he finally made to where the reception was.

As soon as he heard that Jungkook had wanted to see him, he couldn't believe it and wanted to see it for himself.

"Err, is there a Jungkook here?" He asked the receptionist. The girl simply pointed to the brunette sitting near the company's entrance on the couches provided.

Seonghwa couldn't believe it.

He was there.

Jungkook wore a white hoodie with ripped denim Jeans and he sat there looking down at his hands.

Walking over, the Athena hero gulped nervously as he wondered why he was here. He had hoped it was for a good reason.

"...J-Jungkook?" He watched as the other looked up from his fingers. Jungkook's expression was ever changing- from scared to angry, from relieved to stressed.

Seonghwa decided to stay where he was, not wanting to get too close to the younger as he didn't want to anger him and ruin this opportunity to talk.

Standing up, the copy hero tried to not look so nervous as he stuffed his hands in his pockets and averted his eyes now and then.

"...could you spare a little bit of your time?" He almost whispered out to the older. Seonghwa tried to process the question in his mind before letting out a small smile.

"I can spare more than just a little" Jungkook smiled ever so slightly before gesturing for the other to sit across from him.

It was only the little magazine table that was separating them after the shape shifter had settled down.

The two sat in silence, waiting for the other to talk first and hopefully break out of the awkward silence.

"So you're a Protector-"

"I just want to say-" the both spoke over each other before stopping.

"You first" Seonghwa urged, wanting to know what he wanted to say.

"...I just wanted to say..." Jungkook didn't know why but the words he wanted to say didn't want to come out. It was as if his body couldn't let him.

"I just wanted to say..." and again, the words couldn't come out.

"I just... I wanted-"

"I'm sorry, too" shocked at what he heard, Jungkook lifted his head slightly in confusion.

"...I'm sorry that I couldn't be the older brother that you needed. I should have understood your feelings about me and my Dad suddenly entering your life... especially since you lost your Dad not long before" averting his eyes momentarily at the memory of his Dad, Jungkook returned his gaze soon after.

"...I was so excited to have a little brother to call my own. It was the best day of my life... I should have been more considerate, I shouldn't have been selfish... but I was... and I'm sorry, truly" tears were threatening to fall from Jungkook's eyes but he had made it his goal to not let them. Why am I getting so emotional?

"...no, Seonghwa" the other was so surprised to have heard his name leave his lips.

"I'm sorry. You only wanted to make me happy and just wanted me to feel like I had someone to lean on... I'm just sorry that I only realised it now" Jungkook looked away as he spoke which had meant he didn't notice the tears falling down Seonghwa's face.

"...Idiot" not sure if he heard correctly, Jungkook looked back and saw that the other was crying with a smile on his face.

"...w-why did it t-take you s-so long, idiot!" Standing up abruptly, Seonghwa went around the table and towards his younger brother.

Jungkook followed suit as he stood up and met with the dark blonde male halfway. They both flung their arms around each other and hugged tightly, tears streaming down both of their faces.

"I-I'm so sorry!" By this time, the workers passing by had stopped to take a look at the brothers who were causing a heartwarming scene.

"Me too" their hug was messy, tears and snot getting the way but that didn't matter. Because they finally had someone to call them their brother.

One worker started to clap and whistle at the two, cheering at them finally reconciling. Soon after, others who were watching started to clap and cheer for the two also, causing a domino effect throughout the lobby.

The brothers let go of each other and looked around at the crowd forming, making them shy and laugh in embarrassment.

"It's so you to get everyone's attention" Seonghwa choked out through his tears with a smile.

"I live for the attention" he replied cheekily before hugging his older brother again. So this is what it feels like...

to hug my brother...

_______________________________________

A/n: THIS CALLS FOR A CELEBRATION 🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊