9

_______________________________________

"Sweetie! Someone new is here to see you!" Your mother exclaimed after opening the door. Confused, you were curious as to who it might be visiting you today.

However, as soon as you saw the familiar blue coloured hair, your lips curled up to a smile.

"Tae!"

"In the flesh" he smiled smugly before entering the room and walking over to you. You noticed that he wasn't wearing a hospital gown and just normal outwea clothes.

"Ah that's right, Jimin did say you guys were getting discharged today" looking behind Taehyung, you tried to find the brunette who was said to also leave today.

"Where's Jungkook?" You watched as he bit his lip before sitting down at the end of your bed.

"...he couldn't bring himself to see you" sad upon hearing that, you had a feeling that you knew the reason why.

"... does he think that it's his fault that I'm here?" Nodding his head briefly, Taehyung sighed before looking back at you.

"Anyway, how are you? When are you getting discharged?"

"They said in two weeks if everything goes according to plan" you explained. Your mother kept staring at the boy in awe, examining his handsome features as he talked to you.

You noticed how uncomfortable he looked under your mother's strong gaze and cleared your throat to get her attention.

"Taehyung, this is my Mum. Mum, meet Taehyu-"

"Of course I know who he is! He's all over the news!" Both you and the hero looked at your mother with furrowed brows.

"The news?" He asked. Seeing that the both of you didn't believe her, she switched on the hospital room's television and changed the channel to show the news.

"...rumours spreading about a new hero group coming to light as the Protectors are no where to be found. People on social media have already started petitions and polls on who should be in the new SuperHero group- one of which is Kim Taehyung. A Zeus hero who was able to withstand against the large clay monster and save many people. He is relatively new to the hero industry but seeing him out there with no fear has put experienced heroes to shame. After the break, we will list out other potential heroes-" and with that your mother switched the device off.

"New Protectors? What are they talking about?" You asked both of them.

After the funeral, you refused to watch any news or programs that would even mention Taemin's name, not wanting to be reminded constantly by the grim facts over and over again.

"...they can't find the other Protectors, sweetie. The country is scared right now because we don't have a strong superhero group to make them feel safe. Plus, the villains are seeing this as their opportunity to rise up again" your mother explained with sorrow in her tone. They can't find them?, you thought after looking down at your lap.

"...I said yes" your ears perked up at the sound of Taehyung's voice suddenly speaking up before looking up at his nervous expression.

"Said yes to what?"

"They asked me and Jungkook to join the new Protectors... and I said yes" your eyes widened at his words.

"Y-you're going to be a Protector?" You didn't know whether you should be happy for the younger or to be mad at the fact the council were quick to replace the Protectors. To replace Taemin.

"Yeah but Jungkook said no..." he said no?!, you thought.

"There's no way he said no, he's always wanted to be become a Prot- to be better than a Protector" you retaliated, not believing Taehyung's words.

"It's true... I think the only one who can persuade him to join... is you, Y/N" he said quietly while looking at you with his confident brown eyes. You bit your lip as you knew that at least if you talked to the brunette, it would make him reconsider but the fact still stands that he doesn't want to see you.

"...try and persuade him to talk to me. I'll take it from there" the other smiled in thanks as he patted your knee firmly before standing up.

"Anyway, you should be worrying about yourself right now. Make sure to eat your meals and don't over think things" you weren't as close to Taehyung like you were with the others but you knew that the younger cared for you enough to be worried about you.

You were indeed surrounded by amazing people.

"I won't, I have my mother for that" you chuckled while gesturing to the woman beside you. After seeing you and your mother smiling, Taehyung was content with knowing how he was going to leave you today.

"I'll see you soon" he stated before waving goodbye and leaving.

"...you know, your cousin is still looking for a boyfriend-"

"Mum!"

"What!?"

_______________________________________