If Their Personality Was Inverted

REQUESTED BY: Goldcloudkingdom

A/N: In case you're confused on this, this chapter is basically what they would be like if their personality was opposite what it is in canon (for example, Tanjiro being mean instead of kind). For this, assume that you're already together.

(Essentially, the plot to this is that some random demon with a Blood Demon Art that inverts someone's personality hit them with it. For the Upper Moons and Muzan, this would probably wear off relatively quickly.)

--

Tanjiro:

It surprised you when Zenitsu greeted your boyfriend this morning and all he did was snap at him. His normally-kind face was twisted in irritation and his voice was cutting, especially to the others. Nobody in your camp knew what to do (and Inosuke wasn't helping things by shouting at him), not even you. His words hurt more than you'd let on, and you ended up carrying Nezuko's box when you set out that day, untrusting of him to leave it alone.

Nezuko:

When your usually-sweet girlfriend first saw you that night, she immediately scowled and turned away, stunning you into silence. Nezuko never, ever glared at you with that much hatred, and it made your heart twist. Nobody in your camp could come close to her, especially not Tanjiro -- she hissed and retreated to the box when he called out to her. The only one she treated well enough was Zenitsu, surprisingly -- but it was more out of indifference than her liking him.

Zenitsu:

When you greeted Zenitsu that morning and he calmly replied with a blank face, the first thing you thought was "Did I piss him off somehow?" Your day only got weirder as you observed him go about his business with that same unnerving calmness, not once freaking out or... even emoting at all if it wasn't in quiet irritation. Not even Inosuke could get to him, which made you think that he was an impostor at first. Short answer: he wasn't. Longer answer: One sight of the Thunderclap and Flash proved he wasn't.

Inosuke:

Inosuke shocked you when he came to you one morning, greeting you happily without raising his voice at all. The emotion in his voice seemed so fake that you first thought it was someone trying to impersonate him, but when he walked outside you immediately figured he wasn't a demon. Everyone else was stunned into silence, just watching him as he went about humming a tune. When the mask came off, though, you could see no emotion in his eyes -- and when he thought nobody was looking, his happy mask slipped, and the unnerving blank expression made chills go up your spine.

Giyuu:

You were used to deciphering Giyuu's expressions by now, so when he came to you one day, smiling and asking you how you slept (and referring to you as a growling bear in the same sentence), you were baffled into silence. Somehow, your sweet yet reclusive boyfriend had transformed into an emoting, pompous prick overnight, and you didn't know how to feel about it. All day long he managed to push buttons you didn't even know you had (and unknowingly too, if his genuinely surprised expression when you retorted was any indication), until finally you left the house just so you wouldn't have to deal with him.

Kyojuro:

Your usually-kind, happy boyfriend was sullen and sour-faced when you greeted him that morning, and his snappy reply threw you for a loop for a moment. For a second you seriously thought that you confused him with his eternally-frowning father until you saw the lack of stubble on his chin (as well as the lack of alcohol on his person). He became a Shinjuro 2.0, surprising even him (and causing him to yell even more about how neither he nor Ruka raised him to be like this). You were quiet all day around him, trying to go about your business without angering him. For the first time, you were scared of your boyfriend.

Muichiro:

When Muichiro looked at you with a sullen face that morning and irritably asked you what you thought you were looking at, your first thought was "Oh no, did I piss him off or something?" He acted exactly like he did when you both first met, not giving you the time of day and overall just being pissy around you. It got so bad that you actually left to your parents' house to catch a break from the emotional whiplash (and to have a nice cry about it, as it did really hurt).

Shinobu:

Whereas the Shinobu you were used to smiled at everyone and hid her anger behind a mask, the blank-faced, emotionless Shinobu you were seeing still managed to stun the hell out of you. She had nothing to say, just looked at you placidly without a care in the world. Whatever you were expecting, this was not it. She just went about her day without saying a word, no emotions available to see. (It was bad enough that it freaked out the triplets and even Kanao seemed unnerved at the change.)

Gyomei:

Your placid boyfriend became an angry tyrant overnight, it seemed, and you were no exception to his tirade. He complained to you all day about the 'bunch of pricks' that he had to work with (and had a lot of choice words about Sanemi that would probably anger him). He complained incessantly and grew angry at the slightest slights. It was freaky to see.

Sanemi:

Your boyfriend became placid and quietly sweet overnight, preferring not to say a word (even to you) and just doing his tasks with a neutral expression. It freaked you out when he didn't even say a single rude thing to a stranger bumping into him in town, Sanemi just looking at them before moving on. You almost thought he was an impostor until he looked at you and you recognized the softness in his eyes reserved only for you... but it still unnerved you to see him act like this.

Akaza:

Your usually-fight-happy boyfriend suddenly became a pacifist overnight, refusing to even think of fighting. He still treated you well, but every time you mentioned his duties as an Upper Moon, he actually shuddered and asked you to change the subject. Well, at least you knew that even if his whole personality changed, he still treated you nicely until the effects wore off early that afternoon. Once a gentleman always a gentleman, it seemed.

Douma:

You were used to your boyfriend's faked emotions and happy smile, so when you went to his compound one day to find him dismissing one of his followers grumpily, it threw you for a loop. Apparently although his core personality had changed, he still had trouble feeling emotion and instead quickly learnt what irritation and anger felt like and defaulted to that instead of happiness. All of his followers were confused as to what had happened (and you were freaked out). You audibly sighed in relief when it finally wore off and he was back to smiling.

Kokushibo:

When you met with a happy, smiling boyfriend instead of a sullen, quiet one that night, your first instinct was to take a step back and ask "Who are you, and what have you done with Kokushibo?" When you learnt that his personality was momentarily switched, you were intrigued. Blood Demon Arts worked on Upper Moons? He seemed to have just been hit with it, too as his haori was still ripped on the collar. You enjoyed his happy side until it wore off about an hour until dawn, and then you relished in the calm demeanor you knew and felt comfortable with.

Muzan:

When you met with your boyfriend that evening, it felt odd to see him humming a tune while he read a book. When he looked up and smiled innocently at you, it threw you for a loop. Muzan was actually happy and showed it to you, and it freaked you out more than you could verbalize. Luckily when it wore off about an hour later, he went back to normal and you sighed in relief, sagging against his shoulder when his faux charm came back.

Yoriichi:

Whereas you knew him to be quiet and sullen, this emoting, irritable Yoriichi was new and shocking. He went about with a scowl on his face most of the time, but whenever he got happy the blinding smile he sent you only served to stun you. It was wider than any smile he'd ever given you before, and it freaked you out... and made him sulk about it openly by crouching in the corner and pouting.