4K BONUS: Muzan Kibutsuji

A/N: I'll take any and all 'hee hee MJ' jokes here and now, folks. Please try not to spam the meme in future chapters. Thanks for 4K!

(And I may or may not use fem!Muzan in this too... just a heads-up, I guess?)

As usual, Reader is 21.

--

When You Meet:

You were going about your night as a shop employee in Asakusa when a handsome-looking man in a suit and fedora walked in. He seemed gravitated to something, going straight for the back, where you kept your stuffed animals.

He picked out a small stuffed rabbit and walked up to the counter. He flashed you a charming smile and handed it over.

"How cute," you commented with a small smile of your own as you rang him up. "That'll be 1,200 yen."

He pulled out a coinpurse and picked out some coins. He handed the correct amount to you and put it back in his pocket.

You nodded, handing him back the rabbit. "Thank you, sir. Have a wonderful evening."

"Thank you," he spoke for the first time, his deep voice resonating with you and making your cheeks go pink.

Even a while after he left, you stood there stunned. Secretly, you hoped he would come back again.

You Meet Again:

A few days later, you were leaving a bar disappointed and tired after an exhausting day off. You hadn't gone to get drunk, but you sure were hoping to wash down some of the frustration.

You decided to take a detour down an alleyway and accidentally bumped shoulders with someone. When you looked up, who else would you see but that man again, in a differently-colored suit and a black fedora.

"I'm so sorry," you muttered, shifting away from him.

You felt his eyes move across your back for a moment before you exited the alley and turned a corner. A shiver went down your spine. "When I touched him... it's like all the warmth in my arm was sapped away."

You Become Friends:

You continued to meet him intermittently at your little corner store. Sometimes he would come in to buy a single stuffed animal, other times he came in for little trinkets, like pens or chocolates. Every time, you would try to get him to talk. Sometimes he did.

After a while, you considered yourself pretty good friends with the man. That was before you found out he was a demon too. You were a little freaked out when you accidentally stumbled upon a gory scene in an alley near your store, but hey, you didn't get paid enough to freak out over it. The two of you had a mutual agreement of sorts: he provided you with business, and you kept quiet about his activities.

You Hang Out:

You wished you could hang out with Muzan (as you learned his name was), but you were an overworked employee and he had an entire wife and child on the side.

Sometimes he would come over at the end of your shift and would accept your offer of going to the bar for a little after-hours drinking (although he never drank, oddly). On your days off, perhaps you'd run into him and his family and they would politely invite you to go with them for an activity.

He Makes You Blush:

You were sitting at the bar with him, exhaling heavily after a tall pitcher of beer.