If They Accidentally Killed You

REQUESTED BY: Goldcloudkingdom

A/N: I'm back! For now! I'll be finishing up a fall-themed chapter soon, and then you'll have to wait for winter for a holiday-themed one. Don't worry, I'm still taking requests for scenarios if you want them! Just ask.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the angst! I had to take some liberties with this one (because my first thought was 'oh, you die in battle and they angst about it').

--

Tanjiro:

The two of you were locked in combat with Muzan, both lunging at him for a killing blow, when the man suddenly grabbed your arm and pulled your back to his chest as Tanjiro's blade sliced.

It all happened so suddenly that your head was falling to the ground before he realized.

He froze in place, staring at your body in horror as Muzan began smiling.

The man vanished from sight as Tanjiro fell to his knees beside you, tears filling his eyes.

He threw his head back and let out a heart-wrenching scream, so loud that several of your friends still fighting on the other side of the field looked over in worry.

By the time the battle was over, Muzan had fled with his life and Tanjiro was holding your body in his arms, sobbing over you.

After your funeral, he vowed to stop Muzan once and for all, even if it cost him his life in the process.

Nezuko:

Nezuko had just wanted to protect you, but when she went to kick the demon, you got caught in the crossfire. Your shriek of pain made her freeze for a split-second, realizing just what she'd done.

She screamed and raced to your side as you bled from the literal hole in your gut, hauling you away and letting her brother deal with the demon.

She stayed at your side even as Shinobu tried to save you, but the overall damage to your body were so extensive that you ended up passing on.

Nezuko cried over you for days afterwards, blaming herself for your death. It took months for her to eventually start bouncing back to her original demeanor, but even then she was never the same.

Zenitsu:

A routine mission gone wrong was what did you in. Not demons, not Muzan himself, but a simple low-risk mission to a small village near the sea.

Zenitsu and you had been fighting a demon when they released some kind of disorienting fog. You two were separated, but you tried to keep fighting what you thought was the demon.

"Zenitsu!" You'd shouted, readying your blade. "I think he's over here!"

One moment you were raising your blade, in the next you felt one strike you straight through the neck. You choked in surprise before gripping the metal and trying to force it out, but Zenitsu just yanked it to the side. You fell to the ground, writhing in agony.

"(y/n)! Where are you? I think I got 'em!" He called, looking around. Hearing laughter, he froze, and suddenly the fog cleared, and the demon was standing at the side, watching as (y/n) bled.

He screamed in horror. Then, in one movement, he used Breath of Thunder to finish the off-guard demon off. You died in his arms that night, Zenitsu sobbing and apologizing.

After your funeral, he was never the same. He was more guarded around people and markedly more afraid to rush into battle with foes that could disorient and confuse.