Being Taller Than Them

REQUESTED BY: Rmtcreatedchaos

A/N: Now this will be interesting. I've never written a reader that's over 7 feet tall before. (Obviously not over 7 feet for everyone, but... Gyomei, why are you literally a giant???)

--

Tanjiro:

He honestly doesn't really notice at first, or at least he doesn't until someone points out that his own girlfriend is taller than him. Meh, he doesn't care. You're not that much taller, and besides, it's not like you're a giant.

Nezuko:

You being taller than her means she gets to feel safe and sound in your arms, use you as a blanket, pretty much everything one gets to do with a partner that stands above them.

You don't mind it at all - in fact, you think it's adorable. Nezuko is adorable, especially when she uses you as a piggyback ride.

Zenitsu:

He can't lie; sometimes he feels insecure about being the shorter one of the two of you. He almost feels like a kid brother rather than a boyfriend when you walk hand-in-hand through the street. He tries not to let it bother him, and you try to comfort him whenever he starts feeling envious.

Heaven knows it flusters him to the max whenever you settle him in your lap. Poor boy can't keep his cheeks from turning red as a rose. It's adorable.

Inosuke:

He doesn't care. Tall or short, he loves you and would protect you either way. Holding him under the armpits whenever he gets pissed off at someone really makes him annoyed at you, but you smothering him with love afterwards makes him forget about it pretty quickly.

Giyuu:

He doesn't care, nor does he notice it at first. When he finally looks up at you and realizes "Oh shit, she really is taller", he wonders about it for a minute before forgetting. (It definitely helps when he's the little spoon.)

Kyojuro:

He doesn't really care - as long as you're you, he's happy.

Muichiro:

He doesn't notice. A lot of girls are taller than him (Shinobu is the glaring exception), so he's used to it at this point.

Shinobu:

She's used to being dwarfed by literally everyone, so she doesn't notice or care. At the very least, she enjoys being the little spoon.

Gyomei:

When you off-handedly mention that you're taller than he is, he has to take a moment of pause. You? Taller? How???

When you explain that it was just a freak accident of genetics, he's even more curious. Your parents were tall, true, but it just didn't explain how you grew over even him.

Oh well. He's just happy you don't have to hurt your neck looking up at him like everyone else he knows.

Sanemi:

He doesn't care as long as people don't joke about it. He's not the type of guy to feel very insecure because their partner is taller, but he gets annoyed very quickly when others point it out.

Yeah? So what?! Just because he's shorter, it means he can't kick ass?? He's quick to set the record straight.

Akaza:

It's a little disquieting that you're taller, but he tries not to let it bother him. He reasons that he's lucky to have you at all, so he tries not to notice the height difference.

Douma:

While he's initially surprised, since he towers over most people, he doesn't care in the end. He's a bit disappointed that he can't pick you up with the ease of someone five-foot-five or under, he can still lift you over his head with his supernatural strength, and that's enough.

Kokushibo:

He's a bit taken aback that you aren't shorter, and in some aspects it's uncomfortable for him to think about. He's used to his partner being way shorter (or at least, his previous wife was, not that he remembers her very clearly), so the fact that you can not only look him in the eye, but he has to look up a bit to meet your gaze, makes him a bit unsettled.

Muzan:

For the love of everything still good in this world, nobody had better mention the height difference. He doesn't notice it all the time, but when you're together it definitely crosses his mind. It disquiets something inside him that he can't quite place when he has to look up at you. True, some of his minions are taller, but his partner having inches on him is a new one.

Yoriichi:

He's a bit taken-aback when he realizes you're taller, but he doesn't let that bother him. While he is a bit sad that he can't lift and carry you like he could a shorter partner, he is happy that you love him.

--

A/N: The entire time I wrote this, I had the "You been drinking your milk?" vine on loop in my head.

Alright, I should probably stop posting for the night. It's like almost 2 AM where I am and I'm dead tired.

Please tell me what you thought!