5K BONUS: Yoriichi Tsugikuni

A/N: Saved the best for last, here's the man the myth the legend Scott Sterling-- I mean, Yoriichi! We hit 5K literally only a few hours after the last chapter went up, so thank you! You guys are amazing.

Note: Reader is 21.

--

When You Meet:

You were still trying to find a suitable match, and your parents were losing hope in you. Your father had hoped that someone would want to marry you, but you were still single and depressed. What a mood.

One day, a demon attacked your village and managed to separate you from your parents. You screamed, bracing yourself for the killing blow... but suddenly, the demon was struck down by a blade, just inches away from you. You watched in awestruck horror as it began to disintegrate, and a man with long black hair in a ponytail stood before you, his hard eyes turning softer as he beheld you.

He made sure you were alright before bringing you back to your worried parents. Your father offered anything as a thank-you, but the man simply said he didn't want anything. He left after politely declining tea, leaving you gazing pensively at his back (and trying to ignore the stunned stares your parents were giving you).

"... shit, he's hot. Hope Dad doesn't try to set me up with him, boy would that be embarrassing."

You Meet Again:

A couple of weeks after that day, you had been secretly training with an old sword you'd bought at nightfall when you ran into him again.

He was badly injured, making you panic and take him back to your home. Your parents were annoyed that you were out and about so late, but as soon as they saw your cargo, they immediately forgot about it and got to work helping him to a spare room.

You could hardly sleep for the rest of the night, worried about your impromptu guest. When your mother came to your door at dawn with news that he was okay, you immediately dressed and went to see him. He was sitting in the common area, drinking tea with your father and listening to him talk.

He thanked you for saving him and explained that he had a duty to fulfill. Your family listened to his tale eagerly, and at the end of it, you offered to train under him (much to your parents' shock). He thought about it and accepted, asking if it was okay. Your father agreed almost immediately, and after you packed your things, you were off with your savior (named Yoriichi, as you found out).

You Become Friends:

After a while of traveling together, you became very close to the man. Yoriichi was fairly plain and mostly didn't outwardly show emotion, but sometimes you could catch a glimpse of happiness or delight from him. You knew he cared for you deeply; he was hesitant to leave you behind whenever you had to be separated. Whenever you visited the Kamados, you slept in connecting rooms (or side-by-side in Sumiyoshi and Suyako's room).

You Hang Out:

Usually you both do whatever, because you're always traveling. Sometimes it means you find a quiet clearing to sit and eat in, or a river to stop and dip your feet in. You don't mind whatever you decide to do because it'll be with Yoriichi.

He Makes You Blush:

Yoriichi took another sip of his steaming hot tea and gazed over at you, eyes drawn to your bandages.