What Kind of Older Sibling Your Child/Children Are

REQUESTED BY: Musicstyle16

A/N: Your original request will be split in two: this, and another chapter where the children are older.

Another fun one to distract from the angst. Enjoy!

--

Tanjiro:

When your second child was born, your oldest was overjoyed. They tried their best to be a good role model for the baby, and as they grew up together they became more responsible and - honestly, they're just like their father.

Nezuko:

Your child adores their new sibling to death. When they said they wanted one, they weren't kidding; you're eternally grateful that they want to help out so much. The other ladies coo and fawn over your little helper as they carry the baby around and proudly talk about how much they help Mommy and Mama.

Zenitsu:

It took some getting used to for them, but eventually, they came around to the idea of having a baby sibling. Sure, they were happy when you told them, but then the baby was actually born and your whole house quickly became accustomed to long nights and no sleep.

As the baby grows, they find themself playing with them more and more. They're a lot like you, surprisingly - you'd sworn your oldest would have become just like their father. They're incredibly patient with the baby.

Inosuke:

Your oldest child would not stop chanting "Ba-by, ba-by, ba-by, ba-by" when you brought their new sibling in to meet them for the first time. It was adorable. Their eyes got so big when they saw how tiny the new child was, and when they held them for the first time you knew they would be very close to them as they grew.

True enough, your child cannot stay away from your youngest. You swear they're obsessed with their younger sibling, but they're just so cute you can't help but smile.

Giyuu:

Luckily, your oldest inherited their father's temperament - when they meet their new sibling for the first time, they're so quiet and gentle as they hold them, and they look up at you and say, "They're so tiny, Mama - I don't wanna break them."

They're more reserved with their affection, but you can tell they truly do love their younger sibling - your youngest got more of your personality, and they always seem to beg their older sibling for attention. Patient as can be, they play with them whenever they want.

Kyojuro:

Well what do you know? What do you freaking know, your next child only got your eye shape and nose. Rengoku genes 2, (l/n) genes 1/2. (You later find that they got your personality - ha! Rengoku genes 2, (l/n) genes 1!)

As exasperated as you are, your oldest is so happy when the baby arrives. To your surprise, they don't even mind the long nights with little sleep - you usually find them up before you, rocking the baby and waiting for you so that you can feed the baby before going back to bed.

As the baby grows, their sibling is just as affectionate as ever - it almost reminds you of Kyo and his little brother, and the thought brings a smile to your face whenever you think of it. You can almost never find either child without the other, hand-in-hand; the younger is babbling something, while the older one nods with comical seriousness and replies something equally nonsensical.