Dying in Childbirth

REQUESTED BY: Aidan1213

A/N: This is TECHNICALLY really close to the 'if you died' versions that I've done before, but it's different enough, so here you go. Just as a forewarning for the future, please assume that I'm not doing any more 'if x dies' chapters. Everyone is aged up, same as usual for this kind of topic (and assume this is during your marriage).

Obviously, Nezuko and Shinobu are exempt (and the demons' will be slightly different considering my personal headcanons about demon/human procreation).

Obvious content warning: Contains character death and miscarriage (and mentions of abortion), but nothing too graphic. If mentioning abortion makes you too uncomfortable, you can skip the Akaza part.

--

Tanjiro:

Tanjiro was by your side throughout your entire pregnancy, as attentive as he could be. But when you went into labor -- and based off your scent, he realized you were dying before the midwife even realized -- he couldn't stop the tears. he stayed with you until your daughter was born, telling you that he loved you and that he would raise your daughter the best that he could.

You died in his arms, with your daughter bundled up to your chest. True to his word, after you were buried, he raised your daughter as best as he could as a single father. Nezuko helped out where she could.

Zenitsu:

When you told him that you were pregnant, Zenitsu was over the moon. He went with you everywhere, doting and attentive, hardly ever complaining. When you went into labor, he stayed right with you -- but when he could hear a change in your heartbeat, his joy faded as he realized that you were dying.

The midwife did all that she could, but the bleeding was too intense -- and as soon as your daughter was born, you squeezed his hand, told him that you loved them both, and died.

He was totally heartbroken, but he resolved to raise your daughter. He became a single father, though the Kamados helped out where they could. Nezuko especially became close to him as he raised his daughter, feeling sympathy for the loss as she cared deeply about you too.

Inosuke:

Inosuke had been fiercely protective of you during your pregnancy, as he was paranoid of something happening to you. When you went into labor, he was stringent with who he let in to see you, though you convinced him to let the midwife in. He remained at your side, watching your labor with wide eyes (and some questions, to which you and the midwife awkwardly answered). After twenty hours of labor, you suffered a hemorrhage, and due to your cries of pain it became apparent that something terrible had happened.

After twenty hours, your son was born, and you were weakening. You begged Inosuke not to abandon your son, and when he demanded to know what was going on, the midwife told him that you were going to die. He panicked, begging you to stay, demanding that you stay alive -- but you died in his arms with your son cradled between you.

Inosuke went into a deep depression after your death. For a while, he couldn't look at his son without bursting into inconsolable tears -- and the squad helped him through those first couple of years the best that they could.

Giyuu:

Giyuu had been very apprehensive about your pregnancy, his instincts kicking in that something might happen to you. He stayed at your side as much as he could while still being a slayer (though Kagaya allowed him to only take emergency missions to spend as much time with you as possible). You were glad for the help, even if he was a bit too proactive sometimes.