They Comfort the Baby

REQUESTED BY: clempetit

--

Tanjiro:

Your child had gotten hurt in a stumble, and when they came to him with tears rolling down their cheeks, he was quick to sweep them into his arms and treat their scrape with a soothing voice telling them everything was going to be alright.

Nezuko:

When your baby came up to you both, blubbering about getting scratched by thorns, Nezuko smelled the blood and tensed up. However, you encouraged her and she carefully took your child into her arms and wrapped the scrapes, patting their chubby cheek and cooing at them.

Words couldn't express how proud you were of her when your child finally cried themselves to sleep on her chest and she turned to you with tears in her own eyes, overjoyed that she had resisted the urge.

Zenitsu:

He's quick to hug them and tell them it'll be okay when they show him the cut on their hand. He effectively dries their tears, and once everything is taken care of, he sits with them and shows them the flowering tree in your backyard to keep their mind off of their injury.

Inosuke:

Inosuke sees them hit their head on a tree, supposedly mimicking their father, and when they start to cry out of frustration, he makes them laugh by ramming his head against the same tree. Your husband and child take turns hitting their heads against it, effectively lowering your lifespan by at least fifteen minutes every time you hear your child squeal with laughter at Inosuke's growing bumps.

Giyuu:

Giyuu isn't good with tears, but he is good with pep talks - and when your baby comes to him crying about having broken a toy, he talks them into repairing it with them. You come in to find them focusing intensely on gluing the broken parts back together.

Kyojuro:

Kyojuro is a master at getting your baby to stop crying - and when you bring them to him with frustrated tears in your eyes that you just can't calm them down, he amazes you at how fast their tears stop when he holds them. It turns out they just wanted their father.

Muichiro:

Muichiro is quick to distract them with something else. When your baby comes crying to him because they scraped their knee against a rock, he shows them how to skip rocks on the lake. They come home that evening completely drenched, but you can't bring it in yourself to get angry when you see how happy your child looks.

Shinobu:

Your wife's voice is the magic trick to get your child to calm down. She coos to them and hugs them close as they blubber in her arms, and within a couple of minutes, she's calmed them down.

Gyomei:

He cries with them. When they came to him sporting a nasty bruise on their arm, wailing about having hit it against the door, he hugs them to his chest and cries. Somehow, that works - and your child calms down pretty quickly upon seeing their father's own tears.

Sanemi:

To your surprise, he's so patient with them as he wraps the bump on their head and distracts them with some other activity - when your child ran headlong into the door by accident, he distracted them by showing them different poses for Wind Breathing.

Akaza:

His face is so full of sympathy as his child runs to him crying, and he scoops them up and shows them the beaded anklets he wears, hopping from foot to foot just to see them giggle.

Douma:

He startles when he sees the fat tears running down your child's chubby cheeks. He seems a bit uncomfortable as he looks around, wondering what in the hell to do. Finally, he scoops them up and shows them his ice sculptures. Luckily, it calms them down (though he very much prefers when you're around to take the child).

Kokushibo:

"Get up, (child)."

It may seem like your husband is cold and aloof when he beckons to your blubbering baby, but when their chubby hand fits into his stronger one, he lifts them up and dusts off their hakama with startling gentleness. "See? Your wound is already gone."

Muzan:

Muzan asks if they'd like to see a magic trick, and when they nod their little head, he rolls up their pant leg and shows them their already-healed leg. "See? There's nothing to cry about. You're just fine."

(They'll probably tire of that as they get older and realize what they are, but for now, it works wonders to stop their tears.)

Yoriichi:

Your husband's poor heart is just breaking as your baby hobbles up to him, showing him their scratched-up arms and blubbering about how they fell into a berry patch. He takes them into his arms and hugs them tight, gently asking if they would like a bath so that he can wrap up their arms.

--

A/N: Hey hey hey y'all, it's been a hot minute. This seriously messed with me. If you want to know the reason I went on hiatus for so long... this is the chapter to blame.

Please tell me what you thought.

IMPORTANT NOTE! PLEASE STOP ASKING FOR NEW CHARACTERS! What you see here is what you get! When I'm finished with this book and I start importing chapters to Tumblr, then and only then will you get new ones!