They Try on a Corset

REQUESTED BY: soonie-

Context: (y/n) makes clothes and gives the s/o a corset to try on. Stigma against corsets aside, the ones mentioned in this chapter and the next aren't the stereotypical rib-crushing death traps you see in TV and movies.

Also, thank you guys SO MUCH for one million reads! I about spat out my tea when I looked at my page this morning.

--

Tanjiro:

He's curious when he sees one of your latest pieces - he's never seen anything like it before. When you ask if he wants to try it on, he agrees - and he actually looks pretty good in it!

Nezuko:

She's never seen a corset before - and when you explained what they were for, she expressed interest in trying it on. Since she was already so slim, she looked pretty good with it on - and actually liked it! (You did tell her not to wear it during fights - it took quite a while to get right and you didn't want any errant demons to shred it.)

Zenitsu:

He's seen them worn before and he quite likes the look of them on fashionable ladies - so when you ask if he wants to try it on, he balks at the thought... but reluctantly agrees. It took a little bit to get him comfortable, but as he studied himself in the mirror, he admitted it didn't look as bad as he was expecting.

Inosuke:

He's never even heard of a corset before, but when you ask if he wants to test it, he agrees. What's the worst that can happen? He ends up thinking it looks weird and goes back to being shirtless, but he didn't hate it outright, so that's a win in your book.

Giyuu:

He questions why you made one to begin with, but doesn't seem hostile about it. He reluctantly agrees to try it on, and when you've laced it up, he decides he doesn't really like it but admires the craftsmanship.

Kyojuro:

He's curious about it and agrees to try it on, believing that you only live once. He doesn't see himself wearing one, but he does like the look of it and thanks you for being so creative.

Muichiro:

He has no idea what a corset is, but doesn't mind trying it on. For kicks, you help him put it on over his uniform, citing the flowy fabric as the perfect juxtaposition for the garment. To his surprise, it actually looks pretty good. He doesn't see himself wearing it or fighting in it, but he admires the look of the corset atop his uniform and offers to be your tester for future clothing you decide to make, given his lithe form.

Shinobu:

She's seen them before and while she doesn't see the use of them, she doesn't mind trying yours on and finds that it looks pretty good on her. She decides that maybe it won't be so bad to wear for special occasions where western clothing is used.

Gyomei:

You take one look at him and reconsider asking if he wants to try on your corset, not wanting it to get destroyed like Bruce Banner decimates his shirts.

Going back to the drawing board, you manage to make a second, bigger one - and when you present the idea to him, he's a little reluctant. But he understands how proud you are of it and relents, and once you've laced it up, to his surprise it doesn't feel that bad. He doesn't want to wear one, but he praises you on your craftsmanship.

Sanemi:

He knows what they are and doesn't see any practicality in them, but after some huffing and puffing about corsets, he reluctantly agrees to try yours on. As expected, he doesn't like the look of it on himself, but does like the craftsmanship.

Akaza:

He's never paid attention before and both doesn't know and doesn't care about them, but he sees how proud you are of your latest creation and agrees to try it on for a minute. It feels incredibly weird to see a piece of clothing like that on him, but he doesn't hate it - though he doesn't want to wear one anyway, citing the fact that he fights often and it would just be a hinderance.

Douma:

He's curious about them once you tell him about corsets, and offers to try it on. There's many suggestive comments as you help him lace it up over his robes, and as he looks at himself in the mirror he decides he likes the look of it (but maybe with more neutral-colored clothing, as it doesn't look that great with the blood-red robe). He won't wear it all the time, but he'd definitely consider wearing it for... special occasions.

Kokushibo:

He's never cared about anything of that sort, so when you tell him about your corset he's clueless. He's reluctant to try it on but finally agrees, not seeing the harm in it, and when you help him lace it up he comments that it looks quite odd on him. He won't wear it (mostly because of his rank), but he doesn't mind your hobby of clothesmaking.

Muzan:

He's seen them in high society often, but has never worn one himself due to his signature 'noblewoman' look. Still, when you come to him asking if he'd try one on, he doesn't see the harm in it and helps you put it on. He likes the look of it and asks if you'd make a couple more in different colors so that it can be part of his female disguise.

Yoriichi:

Corsets had not come to Japan yet.

--

A/N: Please tell me what you thought.